Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

bobmcfc said:
Still think this guy is getting far too much slack when players like kolorov (who are normally brilliant btw) are being battered from pillar to post. Clichy was the target for the distain not too long ago yet this guy can do no wrong whatsoever

Would you think Kolarov was brilliant if he looked like Ian Dowie?

Mangala is getting 'slack' because he has shown every trait that suggests he wants to be the best,he has the ability to be so,and he wants to do it for Manchester City.

We're talking different worlds where the two are concerned.

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnstda said:
I think he has proved to be a waste of space......all yellow cards because he is too slow and cannot read the game and contributes next to nothing in a game.
4 posts since 2012 and all of them slagging off someone. Hmmm.

Too slow???? Bwwwwhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaa

For me his main issue is his decision making. If he has the brains to learn when to attack the ball & when to stand off the striker as he has no chance of winning the ball, he will be a 'massive' success. If he doesn't, we've spent a lot of money on a big, strong athlete. 1st season in the Prem tho, give him time.

FantasyIreland said:
bobmcfc said:
Still think this guy is getting far too much slack when players like kolorov (who are normally brilliant btw) are being battered from pillar to post. Clichy was the target for the distain not too long ago yet this guy can do no wrong whatsoever

Mangala is getting 'slack' because he has shown every trait that suggests he wants to be the best,he has the ability to be so,and he wants to do it for Manchester City.

Replace Mangala with Distin & Kolorov with Tarnat & we have exactly the same problems as we had years ago. Distin looked shite when Tarnat was LB as Distin was covering 2 positions as he knew Tarnat couldn't defend. Tarnat left & all of a sudden Distin was quality for us again. Kolorov can't defend, so whoever plays left side f CB has to cover for his lack of defensive qualities.

The mangalators to slow.. FFS.. He's a luxury buy...FFS..
No better the nasty.. Or LESCOTT.. FFS...
some haven't got a fucking clue..
Yes he will make mistakes.. Who the fuck doesn't..
If I could be arsed Id go back and look what you lot said about Demi .. and more interestingly.. what you said about lescott /nasty ....... MANGALA has the making to be a top class defender.. Give the lad a break... You bunch of tossers..

Thanks joe said:
If I could be arsed Id go back and look what you lot said about Demi .. and more interestingly.. what you said about lescott /nasty ....... MANGALA has the making to be a top class defender.. Give the lad a break... You bunch of tossers..
well said

The calm will come. Must be difficult in his position with so much to prove, as that fades he'll learn to stand off his man at times and he'll play a lot better for it.

Love how the commentators call him Mangler.

uttoxmanc said:
Thanks joe said:
well said

+1

flyer said:
Vienna_70 said:
flyer said:
We've spent over £30m on a player that's no better than Nastasic. What a waste

Wrong on two of your three points.

1. We spent £32 million on Mangala. Correct.
2. He is much better than Nastasić. Incorrect.
3. It's not a waste, as will be proven in the long run. Incorrect.

Still, one out of three ain't bad.

1. Fact
2. Opinion with no factual basis
3. Hopefulness with no factual basis

Still, one out of three ain't bad

n13x1v.png

better in a lot of categories, dont you think, without the added benefit of 1 year of PL experience?
will improve definitely

bluechampion7891 said:
flyer said:
Vienna_70 said:
Wrong on two of your three points.

1. We spent £32 million on Mangala. Correct.
2. He is much better than Nastasić. Incorrect.
3. It's not a waste, as will be proven in the long run. Incorrect.

Still, one out of three ain't bad.

1. Fact
2. Opinion with no factual basis
3. Hopefulness with no factual basis

Still, one out of three ain't bad

n13x1v.png

better in a lot of categories, dont you think, without the added benefit of 1 year of PL experience?
will improve definitely

Jesus Christ,

STATISTICS CANNOT BE USED TO COMPARE ACROSS PLAYERS AND CANNOT BE USED TO MAKE ANY OBSERVATIONS ON PLAYERS OR THEIR HABITS.

The misuses of statistics within football fans drives me mad. Just because something is a number doesn't mean that it is any more correct or factual than "I like him because I think he's better"

FantasyIreland said:
bobmcfc said:

Kolarov has won two League titles, the FA Cup and League Cup and played under two managers at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.