Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

bitsmith said:
Dax777 said:
Like I believed in the summer, and still do now, Mangala, the goalie and Fernando were luxury purchases. The money spent on them could have been better spent elsewhere.

But we went this way, so here we are. Decent buys, not the best decisions in my opinion. And their combined performances have not changed my opinion on that. The guys I thought we should have targeted with our limited funds on the other hand, Fabregas and Sanchez? Well they've proved instrumental where they went.

we needed covers in the area we bought much more than in those where sanchez and fabregas operate

Also where would any of these played? Our first team has Silva and Nasri in it, how can Sanchez and Fabregas fit into that. There is no way they would come here to sit on the bench so you either sell Silva or Nasri to accommodate. I wouldn't take anyone in the world over Silva but I would take Fabregas over Nasri but then again I don't think I would be that bothered about it. Sanchez is doing good at Arsenal because they have no-one else and where are Arsenal in the league? As for Fabregas at Chelsea, he has done well but where was he against Spurs? I have never seen Silva go missing in a game.

He played his part in their goal but he wasn't alone we all know that. At the moment he's not better than Nastasic and hardly any improvement on Lescott but we'll have to give him time. My initial thoughts when the line ups came out was that must be the worst back four he could of picked so no surprise when they took the lead from me.

Vienna_70 said:
flyer said:
We've spent over £30m on a player that's no better than Nastasic. What a waste

Wrong on two of your three points.

1. We spent £32 million on Mangala. Correct.
2. He is much better than Nastasić. Incorrect.
3. It's not a waste, as will be proven in the long run. Incorrect.

Still, one out of three ain't bad.

1. Fact
2. Opinion with no factual basis
3. Hopefulness with no factual basis

Still, one out of three ain't bad

I think he has proved to be a waste of space......all yellow cards because he is too slow and cannot read the game and contributes next to nothing in a game.

Still think this guy is getting far too much slack when players like kolorov (who are normally brilliant btw) are being battered from pillar to post. Clichy was the target for the distain not too long ago yet this guy can do no wrong whatsoever

flyer said:
Vienna_70 said:
flyer said:
We've spent over £30m on a player that's no better than Nastasic. What a waste

Wrong on two of your three points.

1. We spent £32 million on Mangala. Correct.
2. He is much better than Nastasić. Incorrect.
3. It's not a waste, as will be proven in the long run. Incorrect.

Still, one out of three ain't bad.

1. Fact
2. Opinion with no factual basis
3. Hopefulness with no factual basis

Still, one out of three ain't bad

This time last year, I bet you were slagging off Demichelis left, right and centre.

And see how he turned out?

Have a bit of patience and give the lad a chance.

johnstda said:
I think he has proved to be a waste of space......all yellow cards because he is too slow and cannot read the game and contributes next to nothing in a game.

What did you think of your purchase of Anderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.