Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangala is showing his true class. The few mistakes are just good reminders to not get carried away thinking he's Messi. He is an excellent defender.

Mangala's form during his introduction to the PL reminds so much of the Demichelis start with the initial reaction of 'what have we bought here' and serious doubts from fans and commentators. Strength of character and quality shone through with MD and the same appears to be happening with Mangala.
Another cracking performance again today.

Mangala's form during his introduction to the PL reminds so much of the Demichelis start with the initial reaction of 'what have we bought here' and serious doubts from fans and commentators. Strength of character and quality shone through with MD and the same appears to be happening with Mangala.
Another cracking performance again today.

Agreed. Some people would be more impressed if he ponced & arsed around on the ball more & constantly left people in space in the box, without making a decent challenge. Everton were struggling to get on the ball in our penalty area in spite of having a fucking humungous cf.

I'm starting to think that we've made a deliberate decision to become more aggressive with the tackling, prepared to take the risk that we will concede dangerous free kicks and pick up bookings, perhaps a few red cards.

Vinny's reaction to being booked for that tackle on Costa last week was very cool. The commentators called that a needless booking but Vinny didnt seem remotely bothered. As if he was intent on giving Costa a message.

Mangala, Kompany and Fernandhino are collecting bookings that look a tad cynical. And I can't say that I'm disappointed with them.
Good point. The tackling, and challenges in the air have been far better this season. I remember a large portion of last season we almost gave up challenging to win a headed ball near the centre circle, and were far too content to concede possession to the opposition. They're not taking any shit off players this season, and look all the better for it.

Agreed. Some people would be more impressed if he ponced & arsed around on the ball more & constantly left people in space in the box, without making a decent challenge. Everton were struggling to get on the ball in our penalty area in spite of having a fucking humungous cf.
Compare that to Jan when I think the humongous cf bullied the Mangler, but not today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.