Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't any problem, there was one misplaced pass from Mangala toward the end which gave them a sniff but other than that he was fine.
Sorry mate but it's not misplaced passes that are the concern. He struggles with watching runners and several times finds himself on the wrong side of the attacker. He needs to be more aware of what's going on around him. The other problem is his decision making. There are times when he's got time to play the ball either back to his keeper or his full back under a bit of pressure and wallops it into the stands then other times when he's got no time and tries to be clever, invariably losing the ball putting us under pressure.
It's only small errors but they manifest and put the rest of the back four under undue pressure.
As has been said loads on here, he's got all the attributes to become one of the best around. Big, strong, quick, gets up well and not scared of putting his body on the line. It's the football side which he needs to I prove on quickly.

No idea why he's getting slagged off for a game where him and his partner completely dominated the other team, not allowing them a single chance until grandpa came on and put their left back through. Some just want to find faults, today was about as comfortable a day for the centerbacks as you will see.
This.

Sorry mate but it's not misplaced passes that are the concern. He struggles with watching runners and several times finds himself on the wrong side of the attacker. He needs to be more aware of what's going on around him. The other problem is his decision making. There are times when he's got time to play the ball either back to his keeper or his full back under a bit of pressure and wallops it into the stands then other times when he's got no time and tries to be clever, invariably losing the ball putting us under pressure.
It's only small errors but they manifest and put the rest of the back four under undue pressure.
As has been said loads on here, he's got all the attributes to become one of the best around. Big, strong, quick, gets up well and not scared of putting his body on the line. It's the football side which he needs to I prove on quickly.

Perhaps I'm not seeing it from what the TV shows but I thought he was fine last night and remember a few occasions where he snuffed out attacks through brilliant reading of attackers runs.

Perhaps I'm not seeing it from what the TV shows but I thought he was fine last night and remember a few occasions where he snuffed out attacks through brilliant reading of attackers runs.
It's his inconsistency in tracking the runs that tends to be a problem. His pace manages to get him out of trouble in the same way Richards used to. He's certainly not the shambles that some would have you believe but there's definitely room for improvement if he wants to be among the first names on the team sheet.

It's his inconsistency in tracking the runs that tends to be a problem. His pace manages to get him out of trouble in the same way Richards used to. He's certainly not the shambles that some would have you believe but there's definitely room for improvement if he wants to be among the first names on the team sheet.

Fair enough. I fully agree with your last sentence btw.

That was always Richards' thing, wasn't it? He was regularly a few yards out of position and could recover.

Much of centrehalf play is about the pairing, and about the organisation with the fullback. That takes time to sort out, and some pairings just don't work.

Just a thought, aren't both Otamendi and Mangala left-sided halves?

Last night was a time to shine,against weaker opponents,he managed to do it just,but there's no confidence in the lad,and even less of him from the stands,gonna be a difficult one to see how this pans out (his career at City I mean)

Perhaps he's trying too hard to make an impression now that Otamendi has come in and put pressure on his place. It's not easy for players coming in and then out of the team.

It wasn't long ago that he and Kompany were part of a very strong City defence.

Perhaps he's trying too hard to make an impression now that Otamendi has come in and put pressure on his place. It's not easy for players coming in and then out of the team.

It wasn't long ago that he and Kompany were part of a very strong City defence.

Kompany is a front foot player though, looking to step forward and break up attacks before the ball arrives at the forward. Otamendi wants to tackle a man with the ball. Different styles.

Picked up a slight hamstring injury during the game last night - is supposed to be fit for the weekend though. But alarmingly, that is hamstring injury #14 of the season so far for us and we are in early December!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.