Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an absolute bully when we've managed to successfully squeeze high up the pitch like in the second half. Gives the striker absolutely nothing if he's left isolated.

Well done Mangala, played well. I believe the way Manuel handles Mangala is an absolute disgrace at times and it has a massive effect on Mangalas confidence. I would say Manuel is actually having a negative effect on Mangalas progress. He's not perfect, nobody is. He's still learning the position, what I do know is he has all the talent and attributes to become an absolute monster of a centre back.

Well done Mangala, played well. I believe the way Manuel handles Mangala is an absolute disgrace at times and it has a massive effect on Mangalas confidence. I would say Manuel is actually having a negative effect on Mangalas progress. He's not perfect, nobody is. He's still learning the position, what I do know is he has all the talent and attributes to become an absolute monster of a centre back.

Yeah. Let's blame manager again.

Yeah. Let's blame manager again.
The way he has treat Mangala in the passed is a disgrace and it can only stall a young players progress until confidence is reinstalled. He doesn't think twice about hooking or dropping Mangala when things aren't going right. I only imagine what Mangala must feel like in them situations while other players who are as bad get left on and seem to escape critics. Demi is a fine example, whoever plays next to Demi is in for one hell of a game the majority of the time and whoever is paired with him will be made to look average. Now it's not just Demi, sometimes the system makes matters worse aswel, but my point is Manuel always seems to blame young Mangala for his poor decisions as a manager. And for this I would say he's one of the reasons why Mangala receives so many critics from the press and pundits.

Must have watched a different game last night. First half he was dire, second half they barely entered our half and that was hardly down to him. Where was this "bully" during their second goal when he stood off and turned his back on the shot then stood in treacle running back? Also, that first great chance of the game, when Otamendi stepped up as well, Mangala first ran up to halfway and then didn't jump for the ball, let it bounce over him, got out muscled for it then, while out of position got done down the left.

Must have watched a different game last night. First half he was dire, second half they barely entered our half and that was hardly down to him. Where was this "bully" during their second goal when he stood off and turned his back on the shot then stood in treacle running back? Also, that first great chance of the game, when Otamendi stepped up as well, Mangala first ran up to halfway and then didn't jump for the ball, let it bounce over him, got out muscled for it then, while out of position got done down the left.

I'm the same. I didn't think he was v good, and to be honest, I'd imagine we'll try to sell him this summer as he's not improved enough.

The way he has treat Mangala in the passed is a disgrace and it can only stall a young players progress until confidence is reinstalled. He doesn't think twice about hooking or dropping Mangala when things aren't going right. I only imagine what Mangala must feel like in them situations while other players who are as bad get left on and seem to escape critics. Demi is a fine example, whoever plays next to Demi is in for one hell of a game the majority of the time and whoever is paired with him will be made to look average. Now it's not just Demi, sometimes the system makes matters worse aswel, but my point is Manuel always seems to blame young Mangala for his poor decisions as a manager. And for this I would say he's one of the reasons why Mangala receives so many critics from the press and pundits.

You couldn't possibly be further from the truth. Blaming MP for making Mangala being shit. Fuck me I've heard it all now

I'm the same. I didn't think he was v good, and to be honest, I'd imagine we'll try to sell him this summer as he's not improved enough.
"He's quick, he's fast and he's got pace."

That's pretty much it in my opinion. His composure has improved a bit from hacking clearances 5 yards or backwards but he still makes me clench.

I guess we must have watched different games, because the events you describe seem to be entirely fictitious. The second goal where he stood off and then stood in treacle running back? He stood off because he had a man on his shoulder that he had to track. Then when the guy got within shooting distance he closed him down and blocked the shot, then got back in position to cut out the ball to the far post, but the ball never went anywhere near him as it was met by the man at the near post, where Otamendi would have been if he hadn't decided to charge across and lunge at the shot, completely taking himself out of the game.

As for the first one your description bears absolutely no resemblance to what actually happened. You've made up some lovely little back story to explain him being out of position, which he wasn't, then claimed that Otamendi stepped up, which he didn't. The reality is that they played a one two down the left in behind Kolarov, which would have been 2 yards offside, but Otamendi and Clichy were giving their brains a little rest on the near side, just standing around playing him onside and also not covering across into the middle like they were supposed to.

Citygladbach.png

Obviously this is pointless as you've already made up your mind about Mangala, so will see whatever you want to see to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.