Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we must have watched different games, because the events you describe seem to be entirely fictitious. The second goal where he stood off and then stood in treacle running back? He stood off because he had a man on his shoulder that he had to track. Then when the guy got within shooting distance he closed him down and blocked the shot, then got back in position to cut out the ball to the far post, but the ball never went anywhere near him as it was met by the man at the near post, where Otamendi would have been if he hadn't decided to charge across and lunge at the shot, completely taking himself out of the game.

As for the first one your description bears absolutely no resemblance to what actually happened. You've made up some lovely little back story to explain him being out of position, which he wasn't, then claimed that Otamendi stepped up, which he didn't. The reality is that they played a one two down the left in behind Kolarov, which would have been 2 yards offside, but Otamendi and Clichy were giving their brains a little rest on the near side, just standing around playing him onside and also not covering across into the middle like they were supposed to.

Citygladbach.png

Obviously this is pointless as you've already made up your mind about Mangala, so will see whatever you want to see to justify it.
I think you'll find you're the one making things up.

Not one thing I said is untrue or didn't happen. Your allegience to all things from the Portuguese league is blinding you to factual events.

I mean, to say Otamendi didn't step up on the occassion to try and play offside is baffling.

I think you'll find you're the one making things up.

Not one thing I said is untrue or didn't happen. Your allegience to all things from the Portuguese league is blinding you to factual events.

I mean, to say Otamendi didn't step up on the occassion to try and play offside is baffling.
If that's him stepping up to play offside, then fuck knows how far behind the rest of our defence he started then, because he's clearly still 3 yards behind the left hand side (not to mention 15 yards to far across).

If that's him stepping up to play offside, then fuck knows how far behind the rest of our defence he started then, because he's clearly still 3 yards behind the left hand side (not to mention 15 yards to far across).

You still want to stick by your assertion? Poor, as for Mangala and the events that preceeded that; not jumping, getting out muscled and dragged out wide and out of position etc, all true. Like my Otamendi claim which you said was a lie.

Otamendi was at fault for both goals for me. Clichy certainly didn't help with the second one, nor did yaya who jogged with the play rather than make a decent effort to get back.

I called this weeks ago. Otamendi and Mangala are miles apart from having an understanding together. It's needs a ton of work.

Must have watched a different game last night. First half he was dire, second half they barely entered our half and that was hardly down to him. Where was this "bully" during their second goal when he stood off and turned his back on the shot then stood in treacle running back? Also, that first great chance of the game, when Otamendi stepped up as well, Mangala first ran up to halfway and then didn't jump for the ball, let it bounce over him, got out muscled for it then, while out of position got done down the left.

Otamendi shouldn't be trying to step up in that position, extremely poor judgement. Fair enough Mangala may have done better initially but it was nowhere near as bad as some of the poor stuff we saw from Otamendi in the first half.

Your description of their second goal is pathetic. Mangala blocked the shot which would've deflected into Otamendi's if he hadn't inexplicably ran across Mangala to try block the same shot. Manga ran back but there was nothing he could do because the damage had already been done by Otakendi being rash.

You still want to stick by your assertion? Poor, as for Mangala and the events that preceeded that; not jumping, getting out muscled and dragged out wide and out of position etc, all true. Like my Otamendi claim which you said was a lie.

He hasn't stepped up there, not to anywhere near anyone else is, it's not remotely Mangala's fault that his CB partner has stood 10 yards behind him and not realised what he's done until it's too late(while Clichy casually jogs back oblivious to it all just to make sure it's not offisde). He's played everyone onside, then after the ball has been passed he's stepped up.

Mangala isn't out of position there, at all, no part of what you said led to him being out of position. You've made out that he's been made a mistake and been unable to get back in time to be in position, which is just untrue, as he'd been back in position for a while at the point of that pass. He's on the far side because they have 3 men there, he's exactly where he should be. Otamendi is out of position, because he's asleep. If he's paying attention then he's filtered across to compensate for Mangala having to go out to the wing, preventing the man from being able to run in directly on goal (like Mangala did for the first goal where the guy breezed round the outside of Otamendi).

Care to explain for Mangala backed off for the second goal? Because it seems pretty clear to me that he has to track that runner on his shoulder. As soon as he gets in a position to both cut out the passing lane and confront the attacker, he did. Then you claim he doesn't get back in position, which he does. Unlike Otamendi, who again just goes walkabout again and never even manages to get back in the box.

You are criticising him for the mistakes of others.

Otamendi shouldn't be trying to step up in that position, extremely poor judgement. Fair enough Mangala may have done better initially but it was nowhere near as bad as some of the poor stuff we saw from Otamendi in the first half.

Your description of their second goal is pathetic. Mangala blocked the shot which would've deflected into Otamendi's if he hadn't inexplicably ran across Mangala to try block the same shot. Manga ran back but there was nothing he could do because the damage had already been done by Otakendi being rash.
The bold is true.

The second part, well no. This apparent "bully" didn't exactly put his body on the line, flinched more than blocked, and then sauntered back into the box. Otamendi was also incredibly poor for the second goal.

He hasn't stepped up there, not to anywhere near anyone else is, it's not remotely Mangala's fault that his CB partner has stood 10 yards behind him and not realised what he's done until it's too late(while Clichy casually jogs back oblivious to it all just to make sure it's not offisde). He's played everyone onside, then after the ball has been passed he's stepped up.

Mangala isn't out of position there, at all, no part of what you said led to him being out of position. You've made out that he's been made a mistake and been unable to get back in time to be in position, which is just untrue, as he'd been back in position for a while at the point of that pass. He's on the far side because they have 3 men there, he's exactly where he should be. Otamendi is out of position, because he's asleep. If he's paying attention then he's filtered across to compensate for Mangala having to go out to the wing, preventing the man from being able to run in directly on goal (like Mangala did for the first goal where the guy breezed round the outside of Otamendi).

Care to explain for Mangala backed off for the second goal? Because it seems pretty clear to me that he has to track that runner on his shoulder. As soon as he gets in a position to both cut out the passing lane and confront the attacker, he did. Then you claim he doesn't get back in position, which he does. Unlike Otamendi, who again just goes walkabout again and never even manages to get back in the box.

You are criticising him for the mistakes of others.
How has Otamendi not stupidly stepped up there to try and play offside? If you can't admit that then I fail to see why I should once again outline my posts for you if can't acknowledge that one point.

BIB: No I didn't.

The bold is true.

The second part, well no. This apparent "bully" didn't exactly put his body on the line, flinched more than blocked, and then sauntered back into the box. Otamendi was also incredibly poor for the second goal.

If you look at it again, Mangala is reading Clichy, and taking the alley Clichy doesn't. In the end Clichy doesn't really help. Mangala played his part well and couldn't do much more.

The bold is true.

He didn't saunter, he ran, you sure you're not confusing him with Yaya. And he did block the shot, flinched or not he did his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.