Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably just given his own head a wobble. Milner wins titles plays 25-30 games a season. Then still gets a transfer to Liverpool.

If Delph has three years anything like Milner's last three he will have won trophies earned more money and be more likely to get another decent transfer. No brainer.

If he has a bad two years then everyone will blame City for not playing him, so probably still get a decent transfer

Villa fan here.

The problem is he's nowhere near as good as Milner. I was gutted when Milner left, if Delph had left on a free without all loyalty bollocks, captain this etc, there would have been nowhere near the same issue.

I'm intrigued to see how delph will get on, it's not too long ago that he was though of as a headless chicken with a reckless tackle. Whilst I think he is more effective now, he doesn't score many, assist many or made villa tough to beat (might be easier at City). I have seen both Milner and Delph play for Villa, Milner was a far better CM than Delph, but couldn't get in at City in the middle (from what I saw of City) so I fear for Delph.

Delph is the perfect replacement for Milner, same role, younger legs, a bit more creativity... Good purchase, and it still leaves us room for another big purchase. Good business.

Villa fan here.

The problem is he's nowhere near as good as Milner. I was gutted when Milner left, if Delph had left on a free without all loyalty bollocks, captain this etc, there would have been nowhere near the same issue.

I'm intrigued to see how delph will get on, it's not too long ago that he was though of as a headless chicken with a reckless tackle. Whilst I think he is more effective now, he doesn't score many, assist many or made villa tough to beat (might be easier at City). I have seen both Milner and Delph play for Villa, Milner was a far better CM than Delph, but couldn't get in at City in the middle (from what I saw of City) so I fear for Delph.
Some of us still think that tbf

Has that graphic designer or whatever the fuck he is been back on the words removed ****?
Yeah, he thinks the tweets by City and Villa are both shopped, he can tell from the pixels and because he is a graphic designer.

Villa fan here.

Agree with you 100%, hoping I'm wrong. Good luck next season.

Well. Just read his explanation. I guess his emotion as a Villa captain took over last week. Quickly realizing he could miss out a unique opportunity to challenge in the very top of England and Europe.

Ok. I can except this. And if I couldn't it would be my problem. He's a City player now. I'll support him and I sincerely hope he will keep developing himself to become a legend with us.

I think he definitely had second thoughts but look at it like this:
We'd been snubbed, for want of a better word, at he 11th hour! Something no one at City would have second guessed!
The rubber gloves were laid out, Blue carpet at the ready, etc..
And all of a sudden there's a spanner thrown in the works!

Delph, as with our other targets wasn't a whim on the spur of the moment! This was in the making way back!
So, what do Txiki & Co do now? ..say, 'well, thank you very much and good luck captaining Villa Fabian'?? ...I fucking think not!!

He may well have had 'second thoughts' but when we earmark a target nowerdays it's not dead till its September 1st!
We've turned his head with top notch negotiation when there was a glitch!
Ultimately, our execs answer to the Sheikh and someone in our hierarchy has told some other fucker "get this done and quick"! .. So it's been
turned round and pulled out the fire!

We don't fuck about anymore! So, for the press, the change of heart story fits nicely!
But I'd be amazed if this was all the players doing!

I think he definitely had second thoughts but look at it like this:
We'd been snubbed, for want of a better word, at he 11th hour! Something no one at City would have second guessed!
The rubber gloves were laid out, Blue carpet at the ready, etc..
And all of a sudden there's a spanner thrown in the works!

Delph, as with our other targets wasn't a whim on the spur of the moment! This was in the making way back!
So, what do Txiki & Co do now? ..say, 'well, thank you very much and good luck captaining Villa Fabian'?? ...I fucking think not!!

He may well have had 'second thoughts' but when we earmark a target nowerdays it's not dead till its September 1st!
We've turned his head with top notch negotiation when there was a glitch!
Ultimately, our execs answer to the Sheikh and someone in our hierarchy has told some other fucker "get this done and quick"! .. So it's been
turned round and pulled out the fire!

We don't fuck about anymore! So, for the press, the change of heart story fits nicely!
But I'd be amazed if this was all the players doing!

!!

I'll say it again.......fucking £8m??? Have we actually signed a young England international for £8m? I'm stunned.....where's the City tax?

Aston Villa Supporters

Gareth Barry - 11 years at Villa and 365 Premier League appearances. No honours to his name.

Gareth_Barry_280x39_817786a.jpg

article-0-06B6D4D7000005DC-943_468x326.jpg

Gareth_Barry_2_380x_817787a.jpg

gareth.thumbnail.gif

Spends 4 years at City and makes 132 Premier League appearances. Collects a Premier League medal and an FA Cup winners medal in his time at City.

------

James Milner - 3 years at Villa and 100 Premier League appearances over the space of a loan and permanent contract. No honours.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-james-milner-dropped-3354527

Every touched booed when he returns in a City shirt.

Spends 5 years at City, and makes 147 Premier League appearances. Collects an FA Cup winners and runners up medal, a League Cup winners medal, a Charity Shield winners and runners up medal, and two Premier League medals in his time at City.

Aston Villa Supporters

Gareth Barry - 11 years at Villa and 365 Premier League appearances. No honours to his name.

Gareth_Barry_280x39_817786a.jpg

article-0-06B6D4D7000005DC-943_468x326.jpg

Gareth_Barry_2_380x_817787a.jpg

gareth.thumbnail.gif

Spends 4 years at City and collects a Premier League medal and an FA Cup winners medal.

------

James Milner - 3 years at Villa and 100 Premier League appearances over the space of a loan and permanent contract. No honours.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-james-milner-dropped-3354527

Every touched booed when he returns in a City shirt.

Collects an FA Cup winners and runners up medal, a League Cup winners medal, a Charity Shield winners and runners up medal, and two Premier League medals in his time at City.
Moved for the money. The only explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.