Player Topic: Fernando (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played very well tonight. Obviously the opposition were poor, but he had a good game. Great to have him back, if not only to stop Yaya and Fernandinho playing every game in Delph's absence.

Would be a real bonus if he can find his feet this season, and become the player he was at Porto.

Looked a completely different player to what we've seen of him so far. Defended well but finally had the balls to break forward and he did it so well, looked a complete midfielder. Very encouraging and fingers crossed he can keep that up. I think central midfield is the position we are lightest on this season so if he can come up trumps he will play a big role for us this season, all things considered (squad game multiple comps, the lack of central midfielders and the small attacking line we've got that could really do with the extra physical presence of someone like fernando).

He was very good tonight and I personally feel a lot more confident that he can do a good job for us now. If he keeps the form from tonight and Delph gets fit we have a bloody good combination of central midfielders

Yep I'll back up what's already been said. He deserves a shout out tonight, looked much more box to box.

Am I alone in thinking he's got rid of a few pounds? He looked slimmer and fitter to me.

There were some seasoned observers of Portuguese football who rated him as highly as Matic when we signed him. Seems fanciful now given his performances last season, and I don't think he has the passing range of Matic or the ability on the ball, but it'd be a huge bonus if he can do an effective job as a holding midfielder for us. Just needs to break up play and keep things simple.

He proved a point today. Ran all around, defended well, supplied the ball well. It would be a tough decision to keep him out of the first team

Seemed s lot less cumbersome tonight. Was actually quite good on the ball. Is he lighter? Serious question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.