Player Topic: Fernando (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best outfield player when he came on tonight. Excellent performance.

Look so much more assured in the middle of the park with him there in place of Toure.

Something to think about...

Fernando and Navas come on for Yaya and Silva and turn the tide in our favour. Bet you didn't see that coming

Navas true but I would start Fernando before Yaya in all CL games.

We have to be pragmatic. Away in Europe, to go with Yaya in the 2 is criminal. We got away with it tonight. Against better opposition we'll get turned over!! Fernando may not be the best DM in the world but he is the best we have for that position. He got exposed last year in a 2 with Yaya and the injury didn't help. Hopefully partnered with Dinho and either Yaya or Silva in front we'll see the best of him.

played a crucial role tonight, sat and allowed a chain to link between him at the base, Fernandinho in front and De Bruyne at the top, a central chain that, added to balance of Sterling staying wide and Navas coming on, made us much better balanced, helped us then control the game in the final half-hour. Great substitutions which added the balance that lacked in the first half because firstly De Bruyne and then Sterling came narrow, leaving a particularly large gap in front of Kolarov which may have helped create the goal.

I think it's clear if we want to play well in Europe we can't play all our stars and our "favourite" team.

I agree with the positive comments about Fernando....replacing Yaya definitely improved us. Would prefer to see him play over Yaya on the European nights. Maybe Pellers got a bit lucky in a way with the injury situation forcing him to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.