Player Topic: Fernando (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we don't need a dominating CM player such as Yaya in the side after all. The industry and work rate of Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho can allow KDB and Silva to flourish.

Problem with this is a midfield two of him and Fernandinho offensively certainly doesn't set the world on fire. In games like this he is fine but Norwich at home? Not for me. Toure plays in those type of games.
I'm starting to wonder how long Yaya will be effective in even those games. We took his defensive duties off him today and he still looked lethargic and off the pace.
Fernando was excellent, it's such a help to the back four when both Ferns are playing.

Fair point

I was thinking about our performances and how at the start of the season, before we signed KDB, we had a perfect balance to the team. Then you look at the hard working players or the ones who do their defensive duties and the only players we had who would often slack were Kun, Silva and Yaya. Playing Sterling and Navas really helped Fernandinho in the middle and the defence as a whole.

Then you think where does KDB fit in? He's almost Nasri like in his work rate. He does put a shift in but will have lapses in concentration and is much more effective further up. If we were to replace a genuine work horse like Navas with KDB then it would upset the current balance of the team.

So if we are going to play a creative player like KDB and lose the balance of Navas then it would be important to replace a 'slacker' for another work horse. Kun and Silva are going nowhere so that only leaves Yaya. We have hard working players in abundance in CM. Fernando and Delph can all get around the pitch offer stability. Therefore perhaps dropping Yaya for Fernando and replacing KDB with Navas could boost the creativity but also the balance to the team.

Obviously this is ignoring the fact that Yaya can dictate a game from deep. But Silva and KDB can always look for the ball and Fernandinho is a hugely underrated playmaker.

This isn't me saying Yaya is finished. Not by a long shot. Against the 'lesser sides' at home he can still dominate and what an option to bring on and add control to the midfield after 60 mins.

Problem with this is a midfield two of him and Fernandinho offensively certainly doesn't set the world on fire. In games like this he is fine but Norwich at home? Not for me. Toure plays in those type of games.
I think Dinho's out for that one due to bookings. So with Palace, Norwich and Sevilla coming up there's a run of at least three in which he could make his mark.

I think we'd see a lot more in terms of attacking and drive from Fernandinho if he had a sustained spell alongside Fernando or Delph. At the moment he's so used to having to do all the defending that he's found it hard to just let that go and attack more freely when he has the cover, but he'd shrug that off if he played more than a couple of games a season without the burden of Yaya.

Fernando has proven that he can be relied on to really do a job, which is exactly what he was bought for. I'm much happier seeing a solid two and 4 in front, we just need the 4 in front to do a better job. I can see us ending up with Silva back on the right, Sterling on the left and De Bruyne through the middle, with Navas as backup. That's plenty of attacking talent without needing a central midfielder who doesn't do any defending.

As I've said before, Fernando is very effective as the player who just sits in front of the back four and shields them. As MOTD2 showed last night, he and Dinho exhibited great tactical discipline in carrying out their role. Where Yaya fits in is to take the ball off them or the defence and move it forward. He should have been the base of a diamond with KdB and Sterling ahead of him and Bony at the tip. Or even in a 4-2-1-3 with Navas, Sterling and KdB, with one of those latter two as the 'False 9'.

Whether we play a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-2-1 or some other variant, I think it's clear that for the harder games (i.e. away at the top 6 and in Europe) the two Ferns have to be starters.

MOTD did a good anaylsis of the 2 ferns together and they were very impressive pairing,did their jobs perfectly,never strayed far from each other
I think nando is very overlooked as he doesn't have the wow factor but very effective in what he does

We need to develop dinho's game to include some killer passing fowards as well and we won't need to rely on yaya as much

As I've said before, Fernando is very effective as the player who just sits in front of the back four and shields them. As MOTD2 showed last night, he and Dinho exhibited great tactical discipline in carrying out their role. Where Yaya fits in is to take the ball off them or the defence and move it forward. He should have been the base of a diamond with KdB and Sterling ahead of him and Bony at the tip. Or even in a 4-2-1-3 with Navas, Sterling and KdB, with one of those latter two as the 'False 9'.

Whether we play a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-2-1 or some other variant, I think it's clear that for the harder games (i.e. away at the top 6 and in Europe) the two Ferns have to be starters.
Great minds,i should read new posts before i press post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.