Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

In the long term their current "fans" and their opinions don't matter. It might take awhile but I suspect that eventually the vast majority of New York City fans wont be "fans" of other clubs, they'll just be blues. Give it five years and I'd imagine that the relationship of the two clubs will be very different.

Would Frank staying a few more weeks/months even be an issue to the rags, scouse red (mostly) and blue, rent boys and arse that want to become fans of NYFC if he was on loan to a team other than City? To me, there is no doubt that is the main concern of the would be NYCFC supporters.

I honestly believe that City will honour the agreement with both NYCFC and the the American Football League and allow Frank to join them directly after their visit for training at new Academy,but also allows a little flexibility with Yaya being away.
City,IMO do not want to be seen as a Club that wants/tries to "find" loopholes in any system (including FFPR) that would/could ultimately show them as nothing more than a fly by night club,something which would show HH in a poor light.
Respect is what you earn and I for one honestly believe that Sheikh Mansour,Khadoon and the Club will do the right thing and allow FL to meet up with his new team mates in March after Yaya`s return from the ACON Competition.

SWP's back said:
EalingBlue2 said:
SWP's back said:
Manchester City will be the majority owner of the new Club. As an investor, the Yankees will be an active member of the ownership group.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Club-announcement-New-York-City-FC-to-launch-21-May" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... nch-21-May</a>

So no, I was quite correct.

Ownership is utterly irrelevant other than the same owner ADUG owns the whole lot and they make decisions regardless of the structure underneath.

NYCFC are there to help City in the long term, nothing more, nothing less and it makes a big difference, City are very much, The Daddy as opposed to the sibling.

So naive! There is one daddy and that daddy is Abu dhabi, if in the future their interests are more suited by city helping NYCFC then city will help NYCFC. If NYCFC grow and become a successful entity in their own right promoting and giving access to AD in the US then their interests may come before our own.

The City football group is based around us and today we are the centre because that is what suits our owners and like it or not when it comes to the whole City football group they are the daddy's and they will do what is in their interests.

My bet is it is in their interests that Frank is in NY by the end of February and he will be playing for NY at the end of February!

As for the slagging off of NY fans what the fuck right have we to slag off supporters who are going to be the foundation of the club for wanting their best player there. About 1% of nycfc fans will be supporting them because they are City fans the rest are supporting a new club in their city and should want the best team and the best players.

Moomba in this thread is talking a lot of sense and some of the nonsense spouted against him sounds like it comes from a complete ignorance of the whole City project!

Frank Lampard not moving to NYC for a few weeks won't ultimately make any difference to that project

It may well make a difference to our season and we are the cornerstone of the same global project

i'd be surprised if he does not stay while Yaya is away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.