Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
waspish said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
And weaken our squad?

I'm sure someone else will step up to the plate just like now with no strikers..

And if they don't? There's alot of ifs and buts here...

I honestly think he`ll start tomorrow,have a hand in a couple of goals and also score.But I will still have a bet on Zaba being the first goal scorer as I normally get odds of between 28 & 33/1 at The Etihad.My lad always goes for a midfielder so I`m pretty confident in getting a couple of bob back from our bookies.

We should hear in the next day or so, regardless of the decision made thats a good thing.

The current will he/won't he debate isnt doing anyone any favours.

moomba said:
We should hear in the next day or so, regardless of the decision made thats a good thing.

Haha, do you think at the end of the day...City could not give a flying shit...

It does make me laugh the way the papers are trying to say it's an nycfc backlash blah blah blah, when platini and his mob shackled us with FTP what do they expect us to do???

Balti said:
Frank Lampard not moving to NYC for a few weeks won't ultimately make any difference to that project

It may well make a difference to our season and we are the cornerstone of the same global project

i'd be surprised if he does not stay while Yaya is away

I think you're right he will be kept till mid feb to cover Yaya but will be in new yorks debut line up

moggymoz said:
moomba said:

Haha, do you think at the end of the day...City could not give a flying shit...

I would imagine CFG do give a flying shit how they are perceived in New York.

ColinLee said:
SWP's back said:
moomba said:
He still doesnt guarantee us winning the league, or his absence guarantee us not winning.

Him missing the first three months of their season guarantees losing supporters, credibility and positive media coverage. It probably costs them points in their inaugural season.

I presume those who don't think NYCFC supporters should be upset about losing Lampard will happily accept it if the CFG decides he should be in New York for the start of their season.
Fuck them. And yes I would accept it but seeing as City and CFG are run by the same man, with the long term goal being the success of City, that will not happen. And hopefully then you'll give up whining seeing as you ignore all pertinent points and pose questions but then ignore it when posters rebut you in a way you hoped they wouldn't.
No it's not, the long term aim is the promotion of Abu Dhabi and spreading their money around the world as the oil runs out. As a Blue I'm comfortable with that because the main side effect we can all see on the pitch.
I'm hopeful that'll he'll stay with us until NYCFC come over here for pre season training and then he can go back with them with my thanks and blessings.
Anyone who thinks we'll just say "fuck 'em" with the commensurate abuse and flak we'll get from all sides (and rightly so in my opinion) has absolutely no clue about what the Sheikh feels about losing face.
Totally disagree. CFG are about the success of Manchester City, City, according to our own website, own NYCFC and you are no better placed than I to call the sheiks mood.

Soriano will make the call based on what he and Pellers decide is right for City in the short and medium term, hence he will stay for a further 6 weeks minimum.

EalingBlue2 said:
SWP's back said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Ownership is utterly irrelevant other than the same owner ADUG owns the whole lot and they make decisions regardless of the structure underneath.

NYCFC are there to help City in the long term, nothing more, nothing less and it makes a big difference, City are very much, The Daddy as opposed to the sibling.

So naive! There is one daddy and that daddy is Abu dhabi, if in the future their interests are more suited by city helping NYCFC then city will help NYCFC. If NYCFC grow and become a successful entity in their own right promoting and giving access to AD in the US then their interests may come before our own.

The City football group is based around us and today we are the centre because that is what suits our owners and like it or not when it comes to the whole City football group they are the daddy's and they will do what is in their interests.

My bet is it is in their interests that Frank is in NY by the end of February and he will be playing for NY at the end of February!

As for the slagging off of NY fans what the fuck right have we to slag off supporters who are going to be the foundation of the club for wanting their best player there. About 1% of nycfc fans will be supporting them because they are City fans the rest are supporting a new club in their city and should want the best team and the best players.

Moomba in this thread is talking a lot of sense and some of the nonsense spouted against him sounds like it comes from a complete ignorance of the whole City project!
God you don't half talk shite. City own NYCFC. Soriano will make the decision as stated. If Pellergrini wants Lampard to stay and Soriano agrees, then he will stay. It's as simple as that.

SWP's back said:
ColinLee said:
SWP's back said:
Fuck them. And yes I would accept it but seeing as City and CFG are run by the same man, with the long term goal being the success of City, that will not happen. And hopefully then you'll give up whining seeing as you ignore all pertinent points and pose questions but then ignore it when posters rebut you in a way you hoped they wouldn't.
No it's not, the long term aim is the promotion of Abu Dhabi and spreading their money around the world as the oil runs out. As a Blue I'm comfortable with that because the main side effect we can all see on the pitch.
I'm hopeful that'll he'll stay with us until NYCFC come over here for pre season training and then he can go back with them with my thanks and blessings.
Anyone who thinks we'll just say "fuck 'em" with the commensurate abuse and flak we'll get from all sides (and rightly so in my opinion) has absolutely no clue about what the Sheikh feels about losing face.
Totally disagree. CFG are about the success of Manchester City, City, according to our own website, own NYCFC and you are no better placed than I to call the sheiks mood.

Soriano will make the call based on what he and Pellers decide is right for City in the short and medium term, hence he will stay for a further 6 weeks minimum.

You are a bit naive.. Soriano doesn´t even work for MCFC anymore, neither does guys like Marwood or Glick, they are CFG staff nowadays.
This project is much bigger than anything Manchester really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.