Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

stony said:
Blue&whitestripes said:
stony said:
Mourinho is adamant that Chelsea offered him a new contract, albeit with a 50% pay cut. Lampard denies it.

ReallY? Where has he said that? Every interview I've seen has Mourinho saying that Chelsea "were right to let him go"

According to Chelsea fans he's said it in the Portuguese media and mentioned it in several press conferences.

I'd love to see any links they could provide because I'm really surprised that the British press didn't pick up on any statements to that effect. They'd love having yet another brick to hit City over the head with!

Staying beyond March has hurt the image of everyone involved.

lancs blue said:
City do seem to be doing things the hard way - nothing new of course but why didn't they consider the possibility earlier that Lampard would have something to offer City and sign him for the season up front and then sign for NYCFC at the end of his contract? It all seems to have been done in a fairly shambolic manner.

There wouldn't have been 1% of the aggravation if we had done that in the first place.

Silva_Spell said:
Staying beyond March has hurt the image of everyone involved.

[sniff sniff]

LoveCity said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
LoveCity said:
Can I get my ST refunded? I mean, Zuculini played in the Charity Shield after joining then the bastards at City loaned him out after making me think he'd play for us.

They really are petty, these franchise hoppers. There has been a suspicious lack of David Villa mentions this evening. Villa who is the best Designated Player in the MLS, joining them while still an excellent player having won La Liga and played in the Champions League final.

And they will be given another Designated Player yet and many quality young players.

Imagine a homeless man is given a house, a car and a maid. Then his benefactor takes away the maid for 4 months and the homeless man rebels.

"Unwavering support" my arse. If the official supporters' union can start lobbing grenades that easily after being given something from nothing, it doesn't speak well of their fanbase.

Would you object to me quoting this on there?

Nope.

Many thanks.

Big cheer for Frank from me tomorrow.

38304672.jpg

There will be all sorts of fuss made about this but if Lampard has found that he enjoys it at MCFC more than he ever thought he would and now wants to stay on longer and is able to do so, that's life. I'm sure no one set out to deceive potential NYCFC supporters but that football club is not their lives but staying at MCFC longer is Frank's life.

Home of the free, eh!

moomba said:
lancs blue said:
City do seem to be doing things the hard way - nothing new of course but why didn't they consider the possibility earlier that Lampard would have something to offer City and sign him for the season up front and then sign for NYCFC at the end of his contract? It all seems to have been done in a fairly shambolic manner.

There wouldn't have been 1% of the aggravation if we had done that in the first place.

does any City fan give a flying fuck?

right result for us

everyone else can do one

RandomJ said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Haha, official support group. This is going to be fun.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thirdrailnyc.com/2014/12/statement-on-lampard-loan-extention.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thirdrailnyc.com/2014/12/sta ... ntion.html</a>

Following reports that Frank Lampard's loan has been extended beyond the start of the MLS season, we are issuing the following statement:

On behalf of the Third Rail, we would like to publicly denounce City Football Group’s and Frank Lampard’s decision to extend his loan to Manchester City until the end of the Premier League season.

Many fans, including our members, decided to support the team, committed to season tickets, and bought merchandise under the impression that Frank Lampard would be playing for New York City Football Club, not Manchester City. Many of those fans are rightly outraged by this decision, and we support any course of action they take to voice their discontent over this decision.

Our support for our ownership group has been unwavering until now, but this we cannot support. We reject out of hand any suggestion that NYCFC is in any way secondary to Manchester City FC, regardless of the source, and are disappointed that City Football Group would give such an appearance.

The Third Rail will forever act as a voice for the fans of New York City Football Club.

Fuck me that is hilarious. "Unwavering support" try supporting your fucking team your whole life dropping and climbing the leagues then we'll talk. And of course your secondary to City you've only just been formed. Some serious fuckwits there.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet but IMO many of these ST holders gobbling off are probably Chelsea fans who have bought a ticket to watch their hero fat frank trip the light fantastic week in week out. No proper fan would behave in such a childish manner and it's very apparent they only bought a ticket to watch frank.

Just my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.