Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Rolee said:
S04 said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
Surely the most important aspect of all this is the player himself ?

Frank has decided that the best thing for his career is to stay at City..

The club and player both want this and that should be the matter closed...

So what do we say to the New Yorkers that have bought tickets to see him and shirts with his name.. ?
This is a PR disaster worse than anything we have ever seen before, even papers in China and India are pushing this story. Abu Dhabi will not be happy I tell you.

Tell them they'll still see him but it will just be a bit later than they may have anticipated

Or tell them to support the club and not the player.

Rolee said:
S04 said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
Surely the most important aspect of all this is the player himself ?

Frank has decided that the best thing for his career is to stay at City..

The club and player both want this and that should be the matter closed...

So what do we say to the New Yorkers that have bought tickets to see him and shirts with his name.. ?
This is a PR disaster worse than anything we have ever seen before, even papers in China and India are pushing this story. Abu Dhabi will not be happy I tell you.

Tell them they'll still see him but it will just be a bit later than they may have anticipated

You don´t get it I´m afraid... This is a matter of credibility for NYCFC, not about a single player.
The damage is done already though and CFG will pay for it for a long time.

"Some supporter clubs have an history much longer than the teams itself and if the team disappear they might attach themselves to another club or try to make sure that a new club turn up in their area.

1) Who do they support if their is no team/club do they sit in the pub cheering each other ??..................Some supporter clubs have an history much longer than the teams itself

2) They are NOT supporters of the club........ ,if the team disappear they might attach themselves to another club

3) They could have had a whip round $100 million and started a new club Before City football Group ............ .to make sure that a new club turn up in their area

But hey each to their own Eh ;)

Victoria-bahs said:
"Some supporter clubs have an history much longer than the teams itself and if the team disappear they might attach themselves to another club or try to make sure that a new club turn up in their area.

1) Who do they support if their is no team/club do they sit in the pub cheering each other ??..................Some supporter clubs have an history much longer than the teams itself

2) They are NOT supporters of the club........ ,if the team disappear they might attach themselves to another club

3) They could have had a whip round $100 million and started a new club Before City football Group ............ .to make sure that a new club turn up in their area

But hey each to their own Eh ;)
´
They are football fans in New York City, they support the idea of a club in NYC.. They arrange parties and meetups, they got sponsors and political contacts in some degree. They speak to media and TV.
They expect NYCFC to live up to their standard you might say... ;)

Rolee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Rolee said:
It isn't but nowhere in that statement does it stipulate when Lampard would begin playing for them.
I only reproduced part of it but there's nothing in the whole thing that suggests he won't be starting the season with them.

True but there's also nothing in the statement saying he would.
The whole impression given was that he would be playing for NYCFC from the start of the MLSseason. There's further press releases talking about getting in shape with City for the start of the (MLS) season. But let's assume you have a point, in which case there's three possibilities:

1) He signed for NYCFC and we negotiated a loan to keep him playing and fit, which they've agreed to extend until the end of our season after seeing how valuable he is to us. At that point he goes to the MLS a couple of months late. That's not the end of the world.

2) He signed for them but there was no intention to let him play there until we'd finished with him (as you suggest) which is a bit naughty but I can live with.

3) He never really signed for them at all but for us (as is being suggested by the media) in which case NYCFC were either deceived or complicit. That's a PR disaster so if that's not the case then I'd expect the club to be quite clear about it but nothing's been said.

S04 said:
Rolee said:
S04 said:

You don´t get it I´m afraid... This is a matter of credibility for NYCFC, not about a single player.
The damage is done already though and CFG will pay for it for a long time.

I do get it and understand how it undermines their credibility but I don't agree that CFG will pay for it for a long time. CFG will build the best franchise the MLS has seen and the league itself as well as New York will benefit massively and all this Lampard business will be completely forgotten about

NYCFC did say that he would be back for pre season, no point pretending there hasnt been a change of plans.

MCFC twitter also called it a loan deal.

I don't think people really understand why people are angry about this. If we had announced he had signed for the season for MCFC and would then move to New York I think most would have Bernard pleased.

But the perception that they have been misled plus the fact that a manager of another club is dictating their squad composition doesnt sit well at all.

It's not the end of CFG in New York but there has been a breach of trust. That will have to be earned back.

moomba said:
NYCFC did say that he would be back for pre season, no point pretending there hasnt been a change of plans.

MCFC twitter also called it a loan deal.

I don't think people really understand why people are angry about this. If we had announced he had signed for the season for MCFC and would then move to New York I think most would have Bernard pleased.

But the perception that they have been misled plus the fact that a manager of another club is dictating their squad composition doesnt sit well at all.

It's not the end of CFG in New York but there has been a breach of trust. That will have to be earned back.

Whoever runs that account has a history of being a bit of a gobshite tbf.

Who's Bernard? :)

Ha ha. Predictive text.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.