Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

I stand by my assessment that 1st March to go across would've better suited all parties. It's great that he'll be at city now but this will drag on and on. It'll continue to be a minor distraction and irritation until it's resolved. Clearly a title defence wasn't hard enough.

goat boy said:
I stand by my assessment that 1st March to go across would've better suited all parties. It's great that he'll be at city now but this will drag on and on. It'll continue to be a minor distraction and irritation until it's resolved. Clearly a title defence wasn't hard enough.

We may well release him earlier, depends on how we're doing, injuries and how the transfer window goes. We wouldn't want to say he goes in March and then delay it again.

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/mp-i-dont-know-if-hell-be-there-next-season.1820/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?thread ... ason.1820/</a>

Look at that..

Rolee said:
richards30 said:
S04 said:
You don´t get it I´m afraid... This is a matter of credibility for NYCFC, not about a single player.
The damage is done already though and CFG will pay for it for a long time.

I agree but the 'dont give a shit crew' are ignorant to the fact it is understandable why its caused such an reaction.! Imagine we had signed aguero, people got shirts with his name on and then the club loaned him out? Everyone on here would have gone apeshit! He had done the press conference, the photo shoots, the billboards in time square, people have bought seasons tickets and shirts with his name on? Soriano must be getting questioned by mansour on this?

Like I said before I get that it undermines NYCFC's credibility but comparing it to City is just nonsense. This is a team that effectively doesn't even exist yet not a club that has been in existence since the late nineteenth century. A bit of perspective needed.
This may sound controversial, but I don't support City because they've been around a long time. The club could have existed since the 16th century and it wouldn't matter to me just the same as if it had only existed since 1993. Age doesn't lend an ounce of credibility. Just means your old.

taconinja said:
Rolee said:
richards30 said:
I agree but the 'dont give a shit crew' are ignorant to the fact it is understandable why its caused such an reaction.! Imagine we had signed aguero, people got shirts with his name on and then the club loaned him out? Everyone on here would have gone apeshit! He had done the press conference, the photo shoots, the billboards in time square, people have bought seasons tickets and shirts with his name on? Soriano must be getting questioned by mansour on this?

Like I said before I get that it undermines NYCFC's credibility but comparing it to City is just nonsense. This is a team that effectively doesn't even exist yet not a club that has been in existence since the late nineteenth century. A bit of perspective needed.
This may sound controversial, but I don't support City because they've been around a long time. The club could have existed since the 16th century and it wouldn't matter to me just the same as if it had only existed since 1993. Age doesn't lend an ounce of credibility. Just means your old.

What??!! Who is suggesting anyone supports City because they are old? Weird post.

Rolee said:
taconinja said:
Rolee said:

What??!! Who is suggesting anyone supports City because they are old? Weird post.
Read all the way through. You seemed to be suggesting that existing sine the 19th century lends credibility and also seems to tie into the nonsensical notion I've seen posted here and there that NYCFC doesn't exist so there are no real supporters. I disagree.

richards30 said:
S04 said:
Rolee said:
Tell them they'll still see him but it will just be a bit later than they may have anticipated

You don´t get it I´m afraid... This is a matter of credibility for NYCFC, not about a single player.
The damage is done already though and CFG will pay for it for a long time.

We're not ignorant to the fact at all, we just couldn't really give a shit considering how precious they all sound (let alone the ones with an agenda).

taconinja said:
Rolee said:
taconinja said:

Read all the way through. You seemed to be suggesting that existing sine the 19th century lends credibility and also seems to tie into the nonsensical notion I've seen posted here and there that NYCFC doesn't exist so there are no real supporters. I disagree.

Are you suggesting heritage has no value?

Here, by the way, is MLS’ official version of Lampard’s contract situation: Before he was announced by NYCFC last summer, Lampard entered into an agreement with the City Football Group to play under an MLS contract for 2015 and ’16 and to play for Man City until the end of 2014 under a Man City contract. Now that Lampard’s Man City contract has been extended to the end of this season, he will join NYCFC in July and play under an MLS contract.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/01/04/mls-commissioner-don-garber-frank-lampard-steven-gerrard-july-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/01 ... -july-2015</a>

taconinja said:
Rolee said:
taconinja said:

I'm not being pejorative mate, but are you American? In England, it absolutely adds credibility to a club if it's been around a long time. Most City fans are 3rd or 4th generation blues, supporting the club is entrenched in their lives and their families lives for generations. How you can possibly compare that with a franchise that is essentially at the moment just a well designed logo, shows a fundamental ignorance of what football clubs mean to people in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.