Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

moomba said:
Damocles said:
moomba said:
Pretty sure they did.

Not in any official marketing they didn't, look it up

Claudio Reyna said that he would be back for pre season. That to me is a claim by th club that he would be there from the start.

Pre-season 2015 or Pre-season 2016?

This is from a quick google. I don't think we need to kid ourselves that the club/club/group didn't give people the impression that he would be there from the start. We did, it was a cock up, we move on.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/08/06/lampard-joins-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/08/06/la ... ester-city</a>

New York City FC Sporting Director, Claudio Reyna, said: “This is the perfect opportunity for Frank. He is in great shape following the World Cup, and training and playing with our colleagues in Manchester will enable to Frank to be fit and ready for our inaugural training camp.

“Everyone has been hugely impressed with Frank’s positivity, and I’m sure he will bring a lot to City during his stint with the club. We wish him well for his spell with Manchester City and look forward to welcoming him back to New York in the New Year.”

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini was delighted to welcome Frank into his squad. He said: “Frank is a world class midfielder and this is an opportunity which works perfectly for everyone, the player, Manchester City, and New York City.

“I’m looking forward to working with him and integrating him into our squad. New York have made a fantastic signingby recruiting Frank, and I’m really pleased that we’ll be able to have him with us for the first half of our season and help prepare him for his new challenge.”

moomba said:
This is from a quick google. I don't think we need to kid ourselves that the club/club/group didn't give people the impression that he would be there from the start. We did, it was a cock up, we move on.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/08/06/lampard-joins-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/08/06/la ... ester-city</a>

New York City FC Sporting Director, Claudio Reyna, said: “This is the perfect opportunity for Frank. He is in great shape following the World Cup, and training and playing with our colleagues in Manchester will enable to Frank to be fit and ready for our inaugural training camp.

“Everyone has been hugely impressed with Frank’s positivity, and I’m sure he will bring a lot to City during his stint with the club. We wish him well for his spell with Manchester City and look forward to welcoming him back to New York in the New Year.”

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini was delighted to welcome Frank into his squad. He said: “Frank is a world class midfielder and this is an opportunity which works perfectly for everyone, the player, Manchester City, and New York City.

“I’m looking forward to working with him and integrating him into our squad. New York have made a fantastic signingby recruiting Frank, and I’m really pleased that we’ll be able to have him with us for the first half of our season and help prepare him for his new challenge.”
Easier said than done, for some......

SilverFox2 said:
We should both remember that our owner has a plan that he is prepared to invest in long term using his ADUG investment team. CFG is only part of their investment arm and New York will no doubt benefit as we in Manchester have regarding investment for the formally desolate East Manchester local community, massive housing and recently University projects.
He has funded both of our teams plus others around the world so I think we should both be grateful that we have been chosen and be patient regarding the different business plans for our respective teams.

As a longtime and older than most fan of MCFC I have often despaired about our then owners and our often uncompetitive team.
This did not destroy my resolve to continue my support for them in fact it intensifies for most City fans, we enjoyed being the underdog and we are used to all the derogatory comments made by the media and fans of other more successful clubs.

We now have to get used to the success our owners have brought so this is very new to us. Believe me that if any mistakes have been made regarding real or assumed promises by our owners they will make up for this in long term investment, be patient with them and dare I say us.

Our owners have a global plan that other owners fear and up to now have shown no stomach to emulate.

I really like City, so I am looking forward to seeing what the group can bring to MLS. I am not a New Yorker, and I already have a "local" MLS team (that's 200 miles away), but I still plan on watching NYCFC games and following their progress.

I completely agree with you that it will be made right in the end and in a few years this will probably be forgotten. But, it's really frustrating right now to see how much crap this incident has brought down on NYCFC and how much ammo it is giving to people & journalists who already hated City. Like you said about having to get used to comments from media and other fans, American sports journalists that cover soccer are eating this up. From one popular Sports Illustrated journalist, for example: "...NYCFC came across as a team that’s just a farm club for Man City (and perhaps a dodge for UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules)." And the clueless readers fully believe it, of course. For what it's worth, at this point the club looks like they are going the ignore-and-distract route by starting to announce new signings without publicly addressing the Lampard situation, so I hope that works out for them.

And to anyone that is reading the crap on the NYCFC forum, do not judge all American soccer fans based on the idiots posting there! I can't stand the place anymore because I am sick of being shit on and told I should be banned from the site if I dare say something positive about Man City.

moomba said:

I'm not saying that they didn't give that impression, I'm saying that they never outright said it.

They still didn't say it in that article either, they only said he'd be back in the new year which he will be

Damocles said:
moomba said:

I'm not saying that they didn't give that impression, I'm saying that they never outright said it.

They still didn't say it in that article either, they only said he'd be back in the new year which he will be
The only thing we seem to have truly been guilty of is not disclosing every detail of the contract we signed with Frank. Which strangely enough is what everybody else does.

I think our policy of revealing all was abandoned when FFP showed just how much UEFA would take advantage of that open approach.

Dubai Blue said:
stony said:
Dubai Blue said:
It's a ridiculous theory. Why would we alienate the New York fans and risk a huge investment just to appease a player who will only be here for short time.
Most of the other theories thrown around have also been ridiculous, so my point still stands!

Haha I didn't think it was the stupid. City had no reason to represent the contract as a loan when Lampards contract was with us. We either did that because we couldn't be bothered explaining it properly to a mind numbingly stupid media or to offer Frank a little bit of protection by presenting it as a way for him to keep fit until he joined NYCFC. Think we were taken by surprise how good he has been and taking the PR hit because it is worth it to keep Lampard around.

Vieira was a club legend at Arsenal. Was only at City for a short time and is now a key cog in the quest for world domination. Perhaps we are appeasing Lampard because having a man like him and with his reputation speaking positively about Manchester City could have long term benefits

mrbelfry said:
Think we were taken by surprise how good he has been
I certainly agree with that bit. I keep hearing journalists and fans of other teams saying the whole thing was bullshit and he was always going to stay at City for the whole season. I don't believe that for one minute; he may have stayed to cover for Yaya in Jan, but that would have been it. None of us expected him to have the impact he has, and plans have had to be adjusted accordingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.