Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

Could win City Player of the Year with record low games and minutes played if this flourish continues until he leaves!

This City side is made for Lampard and his knack of always being in the right place. He could score 20+ if he stays here all season.
Imagine that, Wenger would be fuming and Mourinho would be made to look a right ****.

In all seriousness.

Can we keep him?

Surely he'd rather stay in the UK playing for the Champions and fighting for another league title? Can we not do some sort of deal?

Look at his goal today. Yes, it was a brilliant ball from Yaya. And Yes, Zabba played brilliantly and laid it on a plate for Frank. And yes, it was an opportunity that half of us on here would have scored. But the point is, it was Ftank there and yes, he did score. That's what he does. It could have come through to Milner and he would have skied it. Or to Silva (were he still on) and he would have tried to take 3 touches to get it on to his left foot, before missing. Frank doesn't do that. He's always in the right place and he instinctively knows what to do to score goals. Given we've lost Negredo, Lampard can do a brilliant job for us in behind a lone striker.

Honestly I think we would be bonkers to let him go to the US.

A strange decision from Chelsea not giving Lampard another deal and signing Drogba instead.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
stony said:
Mourinho would be made to look a right ****.
Not difficult.

But a different kind of **** than he usually does. His judgement will be questioned as will his oft repeated title of "best manager in the world"
He will appear fallible and if City wins the league this season with Lampard playing a crucial part, Roman won't stand for it. Mourinho will get sacked for the second time as Chelsea manager.

Chippy_boy said:
Honestly I think we would be bonkers to let him go to the US.

Don't think we'll have an option if NYCFC/MLS want him to be about pre-season. They'll be doing PR like mad with him and Villa

Personally I am only realizing how good his positional sense is since he's been playing for us. I cant be doing with Chelsea so never watched him that closely unless they were playing the mighty blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.