Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

To be honest, Dzeko was standing two feet behind him to put it in if he wasn't there and it was actually a pretty terrible finish, straight at the only player who had any chance of stopping it, but it's nice to actually have a midfielder who bothers getting into those positions for a change. Hard to think of any of our other midfielders who do that. Yaya did it sporadically last year, but this year he looks like he's going out of his way to avoid running anywhere. It more just highlights our need to invest in a midfielder who makes runs into the box, as Lampard is showing how many opportunities we'd get from it.

TFC said:
Personally I am only realizing how good his positional sense is since he's been playing for us. I cant be doing with Chelsea so never watched him that closely unless they were playing the mighty blues.
To be fair, the 20 goals a season from midfield should've been a clue. One of the best, if not the best midfielder in Premier League history.

I'm With Stupid said:
TFC said:
Personally I am only realizing how good his positional sense is since he's been playing for us. I cant be doing with Chelsea so never watched him that closely unless they were playing the mighty blues.
To be fair, the 20 goals a season from midfield should've been a clue. One of the best, if not the best midfielder in Premier League history.

Correct.

TFC said:

That is the thing with classy players. How much running around does Pirlo do, how many miles did Baresi travel during a match? I think most of Frank's running was from the edge of the box to get on the end of something, which he did with some regularity.

Just shows, you don't always appreciate what a player has to offer until he's offering it for you.

Looks like being a very shrewd move by us. He really could be a god send and, as someone has already pointed out, he's made for our style of play.

BigOscar said:
To be honest, Dzeko was standing two feet behind him to put it in if he wasn't there and it was actually a pretty terrible finish, straight at the only player who had any chance of stopping it, but it's nice to actually have a midfielder who bothers getting into those positions for a change. Hard to think of any of our other midfielders who do that. Yaya did it sporadically last year, but this year he looks like he's going out of his way to avoid running anywhere. It more just highlights our need to invest in a midfielder who makes runs into the box, as Lampard is showing how many opportunities we'd get from it.

Yes, and someone who isn't a rabbit in headlights when a chance comes to them. Of our midfielders there's only really Yaya and Nasri who you don't expect to fuck it up when presented with golden opportunities.

Chippy_boy said:
BigOscar said:

Yes, and someone who isn't a rabbit in headlights when a chance comes to them. Of our midfielders there's only really Yaya and Nasri who you don't expect to fuck it up when presented with golden opportunities.
Milners two efforts today...

BigOscar said:
Chippy_boy said:
BigOscar said:

Milners two efforts today...
Have they landed yet ?

Showed how important Yaya's goals from midfield were for us. It is always good to have midfielders chip in with goals to take the load off the strikers. Silva while great at dictating plays isn't a finisher and nasri is only slightly better at scoring goals. With Lampard, at least we retain that scoring element from midfield last season. Nice to have his experience too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.