Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

de niro said:
well done op. a nice welcolme for a class act. he or we dont expect anything, he's here to keep fit and to contribute if needed, his experience on the pitch is too good to ignore, off the pitch even more so. i think he'll do a great job for us in the league cup for starters and if we can retain him for part of yaya ANC absense then even better.

one of the best players ever to grace the premier league has just walked through our doors for free ffs.

joke of a thread.
Spot on.

Could have kept everyone's season cards the same price as last year instead of paying him wages to sit in the stands in a suit

It's assigning for the City Group. Maybe he'll contribute to MCFC through the League Cup.

His best days are behind him, but his attitude and approach to the game are outstanding. You can't have enough players like that in a squad

I just can't understand all the anti-Lampard posts on here.

He is still fit, has a great attitude, seen and done it all, and has more Champions League experience than probably any other player at our club.

OK, he is going to America for one last payday, but to pay him just to play in the micky mouse league cup is crazy, or to sit in the stands.

Give your heads a wobble.

:)

BigOscar said:
, I genuinely don't believe we signed him on loan for any other reason than to keep him fit before he went to the MLS, I don't believe we have any desire to actually play him. If he had been willing to go to Australia then we'd have shipped him off there, but because he wasn't we were pretty much forced to look after him for a few months.

Why would we need to sign him in order to keep him fit?

Surely he could just train with our squad without any need for him being on our books.

Rascal said:
Went to the Etihad last sunday and Frank looked very happy, smiling and posing for piccys with fans. Got a pic of him with my mates 6 yr old lad who was proper star struck.

Having him for a few months can only benefit us an i can see him coming back next season too for the same reason.
If I was him, I would stay in USA (or go somewhere else) and use my holidays to have a rest and spend time with the family. I rather see him returning to Chelsea in Henry-style in (this) winter.

cityok said:
Don't really want him here, he possibly feels the same.

I had hated Beckham until his spell in PSG and, of course wa laughing when they signed him. But he proved he had grown up (and started doing this since the first minutes of his presentation) and was a real man and a even a good football player at his 38, and he played quite regularly (3 months, 14 games, 5 in first eleven, 9 times sub in, 4 - out). Of course, it's a little bit different situation here but as far as you don't like that move...

We get his experience (which is more than anyone else's at the club) he stays fit, and for free. what's the problem? The sheik will use us to benefit the other clubs in the city brand same way as they will be used to benefit us.

I see it as using him for his experience and cup games we want to rest the starters. Pre takeover it would be horribly the other way around. Mills, mcminimun etc

just saying

how many years fat frank etc?
signed for NYCFC.

over night it's meant to feel immediately ok?

not even kicked a ball yet, poor bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.