Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Lampard

NYCFC will be coming over to the CFA for their pre-season so I don't think Frank will be leaving us until after ACON.

ifiwasarichfan said:
forevermancity said:
Great player...Gerrard next summer

That's a poor effort at a Clarkie in my humble opinion. Must try harder.

I don't think Frank's put in a poor appearance for us yet, either in cameo mode or from a start. I had him down for 8 goals before moving off to New York. He has four up to now so he needs to get a shift on. I will settle for 7.

Credit to the game he is.

Like him or not if Gerard is available next summer Chelsea and arsenal will be in for him..we should be too.

Players who dictate games are few and far between at the moment

First of all we should try and extend his loan so that he is available for January when Yaya leaves for AFCON. Secondly Lampard is a player that adds so much to the team but his impact is very subtle. His passing, quickness of thought, conviction in the passing and decision making, his link up play with other midfielders and attackers and his movement and runs into and around the box are among the many qualities he brings to the team. There are also other intangibles as well e.g his attitude and professionalism.I believe he should start every game while he is still available to the club.

I have been suggesting for a while now that we concentrate the midfield. I don't know how this applies to other teams but watching City, I believe that will be the best way going forward. Throw all these formations out of the window- 442, 4231, 4132, are dead. Concentrate the midfield ie play as many midfield players as possible- Yaya, Fernandinho, Milner, Lampard, Fernando, Nasri. Play at least four of these players , even five of these players every game and we will get better performances and will not lose. Perhaps in a diamond or something else. Our team just works that way. We can reserve 2 spots for strikers e.g . Silva, (jovetic, Yaya) behind Aguero.

All the midfielders are dynamic, they can link up well either deep or in advanced positions, they can all create chances and score goals. So the rigid classification of players as either strikers or midfielders should be abandoned and based on what I have seen this season from this team. we should concentrate the midfield and Lampard will also flourish even more in that system.

People focus on the age of Lampard but I actually think that sometimes all a player needs to rekindle his form is a new envioronment and although he is getting old, he can still perform at the very highest level with the players around him in the club.

accoring to paul clennam, we will extend his loan till March and we will bring him back in the MLS off season. this last part worries me, why would we bring a 37 year old back?

bluechampion7891 said:
accoring to paul clennam, we will extend his loan till March and we will bring him back in the MLS off season. this last part worries me, why would we bring a 37 year old back?

Because of his experience and talent and he won't cost

bluechampion7891 said:

Think he brings a wealth of experience, he's still shown he can play at the highest level, and more importantly, he brings a winning mentality.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Think he brings a wealth of experience, he's still shown he can play at the highest level, and more importantly, he brings a winning mentality.

nope, it worries me because to me it seems we'll just get in one CM and then reply on a 37 year old lampard as 4th choice. he is fine when we are financially contrained, but after summer?

PS...we are also linked with the dipper ccaptain today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.