Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Lampard

If Frank goes we should get Scottie Canon in. West ham fans think he is a better player.

I thought Xavi was coming in January? Cover the departing and excellent Frank and Ya Ya while at the ACON.

citymacc said:
avoidconfusion said:
Our best signing of the last window by a mile.

Without a doubt!

Absolutely.
Love to keep him but according to Ian Herbert (yes I know!) in The Independent "His presence here is a pre-amble to his part in the next stage of the Manchester City project – the launch next Spring of Abu Dhabi’s New York City FC – and when February comes around they will say that that project is far too significant and symbolic to let him stay and diminish the importance of it."

stonerblue said:
After saying i hope to never see him in a City shirt because he was past it i must hold my hands up and say he was tremendous last night.

Totally agree. Might be giving him too much credit but I can't help thinking we'd never have allowed a 2 goal lead to slip away in Moscow if Lampard had been fit and playing.

forevermancity said:
Great player...Gerrard next summer

That's a poor effort at a Clarkie in my humble opinion. Must try harder.

I don't think Frank's put in a poor appearance for us yet, either in cameo mode or from a start. I had him down for 8 goals before moving off to New York. He has four up to now so he needs to get a shift on. I will settle for 7.

Credit to the game he is.

stonerblue said:
After saying i hope to never see him in a City shirt because he was past it i must hold my hands up and say he was tremendous last night.

Make that two of us ,fare play to him top pro who I have no shame in saying I was wrong .

As a City fan I haven't spent much time watching Chelsea over the last decade. But bearing in mind the decent performances he's putting in for us at age 35 he must have been a hell of a player 7 years ago.

And I have to say that without Yaya yesterday we seemed to play a lot more direct at times, with a higher tempo. Which obviously suited El Kun, not to mention Navas, who got the ball nice and quickly and then set off at pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.