Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

257 goals in 858 games from midfield in his career so far.

Amazing!

Frank Lampard’s 175th Premier League goal was enough to give Manchester City all three points at bottom side Leicester and keep the pressure up on leaders Chelsea.

The former Blues star has become a vital part of Manuel Pellegrini’s side in recent weeks and with his current loan deal from New York City set to expire in two weeks, reports suggest the 36-year-old is set to extend his stay at the Etihad until at least March.

However, the Independent and Evening Standard’s Patrick Barclay told the Sunday Supplement City have tarnished their reputation over the Lampard affair.

“If Mourinho and Chelsea had done this the other way round, they would be getting pelters from the press and from all the commentators, and rightly so,” Barclay told the Supplement.

“Manchester City have rightly portrayed themselves as a responsible club, a classy club with this new, inspiring training facility in east Manchester which they have been parading this week.

“The image that they are projecting and have been projecting for years is in my opinion slightly tarnished by this affair.”

Lampard left Chelsea last summer to sign a two-year contract with the New York side but joined City, who co-own the MLS franchise on an initial six-month deal.

While the deal is perfectly within the laws, Barclay insists the Premier League champions should not have signed the former England skipper.

“It’s perfectly legal but it’s sharp practice and they shouldn’t be doing it,” he added

“Apart from anything else, if I was a season ticket holder at New York City and I bought season tickets in the expectation of seeing a full squad, including Frank Lampard, I’d feel a bit cheated.

“You can’t hold a gun at Frank Lampard’s head and tell him where to ply his trade if he’s got a choice. But I would have thought he too would realise he signed to go and become available for the MLS season. Is he going to break that agreement just because he feels like it?”

bluetegan said:
Frank Lampard’s 175th Premier League goal was enough to give Manchester City all three points at bottom side Leicester and keep the pressure up on leaders Chelsea.

The former Blues star has become a vital part of Manuel Pellegrini’s side in recent weeks and with his current loan deal from New York City set to expire in two weeks, reports suggest the 36-year-old is set to extend his stay at the Etihad until at least March.

However, the Independent and Evening Standard’s Patrick Barclay told the Sunday Supplement City have tarnished their reputation over the Lampard affair.

“If Mourinho and Chelsea had done this the other way round, they would be getting pelters from the press and from all the commentators, and rightly so,” Barclay told the Supplement.

“Manchester City have rightly portrayed themselves as a responsible club, a classy club with this new, inspiring training facility in east Manchester which they have been parading this week.

“The image that they are projecting and have been projecting for years is in my opinion slightly tarnished by this affair.”

Lampard left Chelsea last summer to sign a two-year contract with the New York side but joined City, who co-own the MLS franchise on an initial six-month deal.

While the deal is perfectly within the laws, Barclay insists the Premier League champions should not have signed the former England skipper.

“It’s perfectly legal but it’s sharp practice and they shouldn’t be doing it,” he added

“Apart from anything else, if I was a season ticket holder at New York City and I bought season tickets in the expectation of seeing a full squad, including Frank Lampard, I’d feel a bit cheated.

“You can’t hold a gun at Frank Lampard’s head and tell him where to ply his trade if he’s got a choice. But I would have thought he too would realise he signed to go and become available for the MLS season. Is he going to break that agreement just because he feels like it?”

Anybody remember the Obi Mikel transfer years ago, he signed a contract to join the scum and then wiggled out of it and joined Chelsea on a perm transfer..

Frank is here on loan..

bluetegan said:

Unless this is the 'Barclay' whose name precedes Premier League who gives a shite what he thinks.. :P

bluetegan said:

Lampard affair? A decision on his future hasnt been made yet as far as I know.

Still this is a journo that thought Janujaz was the best uncapped player in premier league history last year.

As a Chelsea fan, Barclay is absolutely fucking terrified with the thought that letting Lampard go may end up costing them the title.
He knows the loan deal is above board and he knows we could have signed him on a free if we'd wanted.
His apparent disdain and comments about "tarnishing our image" is just bluster to cover up what is really worrying him, and that's Frank Lampard helping City to another title.
The real tarnish is to Mourinho's reputation, and that doesn't sit right with the sycophantic Barclay one bit.
It goes against the rhetoric that him and the rest of Jose's fanboys have been spewing all season.
If we do keep Frank all season and we end up winning the title. Chelsea and Mourinho will look like the biggest mugs in football. Chelsea, Mourinho and Barclay are absolutely fucking shitting themselves.

bluetegan said:
It’s perfectly legal but it’s sharp practice and they shouldn’t be doing it” he added

[bigimg]http://s9.postimg.org/od1otxm8v/sponge.jpg[/bigimg]

The bitterness and bias ends, does it?

As an old anarcho-marxist punk kinda guy from South Manchester, I say, fuck the establishment and all the scummy shite that they stand for. That includes the press.

Several agendas spring to mind.

BIGOTRY/RACISM

CORRUPTION/GREED

POWER/CONTROL

HYPOCRISY/MORALISTIC BOLLOCKS

FEAR/PARANOIA

In summary, fuck 'em all, the fascist wankers. The fight goes on... CTID

stony said:
As a Chelsea fan, Barclay is absolutely fucking terrified with the thought that letting Lampard go may end up costing them the title.
He knows the loan deal is above board and he knows we could have signed him on a free if we'd wanted.
His apparent disdain and comments about "tarnishing our image" is just bluster to cover up what is really worrying him, and that's Frank Lampard helping City to another title.
The real tarnish is to Mourinho's reputation, and that doesn't sit right with the sycophantic Barclay one bit.
It goes against the rhetoric that him and the rest of Jose's fanboys have been spewing all season.
If we do keep Frank all season and we end up winning the title. Chelsea and Mourinho will look like the biggest mugs in football. Chelsea, Mourinho and Barclay are absolutely fucking shitting themselves.

Correct Stony.

Chelsea had no use for him so I dont see the need to include fairness to Chelsea in any criticism he makes.

Surely this is Frank v Chelsea and all City have done is give him the platform to perform ?.

Embarrassing comments from Barclay but hardly a first for him. Simply one of the most contemptible members of a media that is not short of pillocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.