Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

stony said:
As a Chelsea fan, Barclay is absolutely fucking terrified with the thought that letting Lampard go may end up costing them the title.
He knows the loan deal is above board and he knows we could have signed him on a free if we'd wanted.
His apparent disdain and comments about "tarnishing our image" is just bluster to cover up what is really worrying him, and that's Frank Lampard helping City to another title.
The real tarnish is to Mourinho's reputation, and that doesn't sit right with the sycophantic Barclay one bit.
It goes against the rhetoric that him and the rest of Jose's fanboys have been spewing all season.
If we do keep Frank all season and we end up winning the title. Chelsea and Mourinho will look like the biggest mugs in football. Chelsea, Mourinho and Barclay are absolutely fucking shitting themselves.

Perhaps, but if this is the Barclay that used to write for the Times and who wrote the bio of Ferguson that so enraged him , then he is a Dundee supporter....but of course that would not fit with the "agenda" aspect

I can kinda see his point, not to do with the image of our club or any crap like that Lampard needed a club till the NYCFC started up why wouldnt it be us and its completely above board is AC Milan loaning Torres unfair to the rest of the Italian league? We are loaning a player from another club just like utd did with Falcao, arsenal did with Kallstrom, liverpool did with Manquillo and chelsea did with Quaresma. Its an agreement between two clubs its business we are getting a great deal its not our fault NYCFC agreed, if you don't ask and all that! But I do agree if I was buying my season ticket and one of the DP's was at another club I would be kinda pissed. But I don't follow MLS so I hope he stays the whole season with us!

Lampard has had a stellar career in football. He's represented West Ham, Chelsea and his country with pride, with passion, with honour and he's never let any of them down. To his, and I suspect most people's surprise, he's having an Indian summer with us, and the loan arrangement that was essentially a means to keep him in shape before joining the MLS is proving that he can still be effective at the highest level. So I find it sad that people in the media are unable to look at the situation and say "you know what, isn't it great that Frank is able to enjoy a swan song at the top end of the Premiership now that Chelsea don't want him, because he really deserves it". Instead of wishing him well, petty arseholes like Paddy Barclay try and use the situation to score cheap points against City. Just got to see it for what it is, Barclays a 'little man' and his opinions don't count for much.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2766484/frank-lampard-stay-manchester-city-january-reveals-manager-manual-pellegrini.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/arti ... grini.html</a>

He really is "that man" isn't he, fantastic player.

Rarely do i feel for other fans of rivals but i don't feel like ribbing chelsea, it must taste pretty bad that pill as it is.

birchwoodgingerste said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2766484/frank-lampard-stay-manchester-city-january-reveals-manager-manual-pellegrini.html
This article is from the aftermath of him scoring in the match at the Etihad, so its not confirmation he's staying (though I'm sure he will now we have no strikers).

Chelsea let him go, it's got nothing to do with them what he does now.

Anyone would think we are the first club to take a player on loan.

Fuck em all, I'd love to see us get David Villa in as well.

TCIB said:
He really is "that man" isn't he, fantastic player.

Rarely do i feel for other fans of rivals but i don't feel like ribbing chelsea, it must taste pretty bad that pill as it is.

You're growing soft in your dotage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.