Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

eversince 76 said:
The reality of the situation as you put it is that Lampard signed for NYCFC and was loaned to us. And now the loanperiod has ended, the club for which the player has actually signed wants the player back because he was supposed to be one of their major assets.
It seems that the reality is he signed a contract with CFG, not NYCFC. Therefore it was up to them to decide, in consultation with MCFC & NYCFC, what happened.

Shaelumstash said:
agueroooo Stupendous! said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Do you, by any chance, work in the field of corporate strategy?

Well let's see, I have a degree in finance and I studded corporate management. Also, my work is related in a way to this sector, so I guess you could say that I'm familiar with this thing.

In the "sector" that you "work" in, if a business had invested £150m in a project that hadn't started trading yet, would you advise them "pull out" as soon as they received any bad press?

Oh come on, did you take the first part seriously....LoL
Didn't you get the "overreacting" phrase
I'm just saying let us give them a shake by saying re-evaluating

Shaelumstash said:
Well let's see, I have a degree in finance and I studded corporate management. Also, my work is related in a way to this sector, so I guess you could say that I'm familiar with this thing.

In the "sector" that you "work" in, if a business had invested £150m in a project that hadn't started trading yet, would you advise them "pull out" as soon as they received any bad press?

Oh come on, did you take the first part seriously....LoL
Didn't you get the "overreacting" phrase
I'm just saying let us give them a shake by saying re-evaluating
The "serious" bit was just as comical. In fact, upon reflection, even more so.

That said, if you ever fancy a game of poker drop me a PM.

Do you, by any chance, work in the field of corporate strategy?

Next you'll be telling us you're on LinkedIn.

Well dude, you ask me the question and I answered you !

eversince 76 said:
Dubai Blue said:
eversince 76 said:
Just imagine we loan Negredo to Valencia until December and he scores for fun in Spain. We need him back and the loanperiod has ended, yet Valencia (who in this imaginational picture have the same owners as us) gets to decide he stays for another 6 months in Spain.
In this 'imaginational picture', is La Liga about five steps up the global football pyramid from the Premier League? If so, I'd understand the decision. We don't live in a communist utopia, so some clubs are more equal than others. That's just the reality of the situation, and no amount of bleating from New York is going to change that.

Aah, yet another argument in our favour. MLS is a Mickey Mouse league compared to the English Premier League. And how does this reflect on Lampard who must have been fully aware he signed a contract with a team from a league that is -how many did you say: five (5) steps below the EPL. It's a non-argument mate.
And imho their fans, wherever they have come from, have more right to bleat about the descision than anyone else.

The reality of the situation as you put it is that Lampard signed for NYCFC and was loaned to us. And now the loanperiod has ended, the club for which the player has actually signed wants the player back because he was supposed to be one of their major assets. Yet it is decided by whoever does decide, he will remain at the club he was loaned to. Obvious not? Not to me. And that's exactly the point I am trying to make. The fans, i.e. their fans, are left behind with no explanation nor any comment from the player himself. They can bleat what they want, according to you, but I'd like to see you in their position, which was actually the point I was trying to make within the imaginary picture (imaginational? I'm foreign).
Without that crucial point, your analogy has very little relevance to reality. We are part of a group and, clearly, not all parts of that group are equal. If City were down in League Two, while Valencia were challenging for the La Liga title, I'd expect your imaginary group owners to do exactly the same thing. And one day, the decision may well be made to shift a prized asset from Manchester to New York if that's what suits the group's immediate needs. Would it piss me off? Probably. But I'd at least understand it.

Yes, NY fans can bleat all they want about it, but it isn't going to change anything because football isn't fair (don't we all know about that?!!). CFG are paying Frank Lampard a hell of a lot of money and they want him positioned where he can deliver the highest possible returns for the group as a whole. And they currently deem that to be fighting for the title in the most-watched league in the world.

Personally, I never liked this whole group strategy from the start and would rather it didn't exist, but we're stuck with it now. And so are those serial whiners in New York, so they'd be better off turning their attentions to something more productive.

Surely we'll be buying them Balotelli or someone to cushion the blow? Or Mandzukic - no fucker seems to want him.

Dubai Blue said:
Yes, NY fans can bleat all they want about it

There is no such think as a NYCFC fan as of yet...potential fan maybe...but like i've said previously...how can you be a fan of a team that hasn't played a game yet

Dubai Blue said:
eversince 76 said:
Dubai Blue said:
In this 'imaginational picture', is La Liga about five steps up the global football pyramid from the Premier League? If so, I'd understand the decision. We don't live in a communist utopia, so some clubs are more equal than others. That's just the reality of the situation, and no amount of bleating from New York is going to change that.

Aah, yet another argument in our favour. MLS is a Mickey Mouse league compared to the English Premier League. And how does this reflect on Lampard who must have been fully aware he signed a contract with a team from a league that is -how many did you say: five (5) steps below the EPL. It's a non-argument mate.
And imho their fans, wherever they have come from, have more right to bleat about the descision than anyone else.

The reality of the situation as you put it is that Lampard signed for NYCFC and was loaned to us. And now the loanperiod has ended, the club for which the player has actually signed wants the player back because he was supposed to be one of their major assets. Yet it is decided by whoever does decide, he will remain at the club he was loaned to. Obvious not? Not to me. And that's exactly the point I am trying to make. The fans, i.e. their fans, are left behind with no explanation nor any comment from the player himself. They can bleat what they want, according to you, but I'd like to see you in their position, which was actually the point I was trying to make within the imaginary picture (imaginational? I'm foreign).
Without that crucial point, your analogy has very little relevance to reality. We are part of a group and, clearly, not all parts of that group are equal. If City were down in League Two, while Valencia were challenging for the La Liga title, I'd expect your imaginary group owners to do exactly the same thing. And one day, the decision may well be made to shift a prized asset from Manchester to New York if that's what suits the group's immediate needs. Would it piss me off? Probably. But I'd at least understand it.

Yes, NY fans can bleat all they want about it, but it isn't going to change anything because football isn't fair (don't we all know about that?!!). CFG are paying Frank Lampard a hell of a lot of money and they want him positioned where he can deliver the highest possible returns for the group as a whole. And they currently deem that to be fighting for the title in the most-watched league in the world.

Personally, I never liked this whole group strategy from the start and would rather it didn't exist, but we're stuck with it now. And so are those serial whiners in New York, so they'd be better off turning their attentions to something more productive.

I think we all may have to get used to the fact that ADUG have a global strategy that seems to be using football clubs in different parts of the world to advertise their real business to invest locally in other projects with local contacts.
Football opens doors but is not necessarily the end in itself (unlike the way that other clubs are owned).

Just an opinion.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Dubai Blue said:
Yes, NY fans can bleat all they want about it

There is no such think as a NYCFC fan as of yet...potential fan maybe...but like i've said previously...how can you be a fan of a team that hasn't played a game yet

Quite easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.