Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Kun Aguero said:
agyeiboateng said:
I dont care if we lose him...he isn't top 4 material full stop.

All he has is pace and thats pretty much it....he can't beat a man, isn't a great finisher, awful crosser...basically he is the spanish aaron lennon. He workds hard i will give you that, but so do a lot of other players.

We need a quality winger like Depay or Reus in the summer. Navas isn't the man to take us where we want to go in the CL.

sell-all-the-players.jpg

He's a belting squad player, much rather have him in the first 11 than Milner.

I'd keep navas in the squad (but not starting 11) if we can get a top class winger - unless HG restrictions means he has to be sacrificed

As many have said we don't get enough players in the box for him to cross. Problem with us when he plays is that is our outlet on the counter and he is the fastest player we have hence once he gets the ball and runs down field, our other plays can't catch up with him. He looks up but only Sergio is there marked out by 2 defenders hence he has to slow down check his run and wait for others. He does have the tendency to make the wrong pass but then again he sometimes makes the right ones. It is consistency we need from Navas from now on as he will have different options with Bony and Sergio there.

With Bony playing it would mean height in the box and the willingness to put himself about and get on the end of crosses. However, I would like us to play with a player on the wide left making runs into the back post or to stay on the left side of the 18 yard box keeping up with Navas as he breaks forward. Our attacks from a Navas cross needs to be collected quickly out on the left if it misses our players in the box to keep the pressure up.

Navas will get a new lease of life now that Bony is here. If Bony does half the things Negredo did then we should see Navas play much better attacking wise.

Did he bang Pellegrini's daughter recently?

He was player with most minutes on the pitch for most part of the season, kinda frustrating though.. then he plays his best game at Chelsea and disappears after it.

Is he off on holidays sunning himself somewhere?

Unless he is injured I can't understand why he didn't even make the bench.

Pellers makes the strangest selections. At least Navas is a threat because of his pace.

People were asking for him to be dropped because apparently he's shit, and now that he has people are realising that he should be in the team.

We are more balanced when he plays

Goater=Legend said:
People were asking for him to be dropped because apparently he's shit, and now that he has people are realising that he should be in the team.

It's more the fact that he's been completely sidelined after starting every game for months on end up until the end of January.

Should have started/brought on for Nasri at the start of the second half, would have given us a good option to counter and also helped Zaba

jaigurugoat said:
Goater=Legend said:

It's more the fact that he's been completely sidelined after starting every game for months on end up until the end of January.

Yep, that's what is surprising me. And the fact that his last or second to last game was probably his best game of the season (Chelsea).

He just disappeared, like Nastasic did

this game screamed for him to be out there but no MP decided it was a masterclass to not include him EVEN on the bench ffs...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.