Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

One of the many things we should learn from yesterday's game is that Navas has to start. City didn't have a clue what to do down the right in the first half without his pace and drive (or down the left either, for that matter).
Hull were flapping in the second half, but unfortunately with the lead and 10 men behind the ball they were able to see it out.

I much preferred the line up at Stoke without Navas, we were better balanced and more creative. Now that Yaya and Wilfrid are back I don't expect to see him start another game this season.

BigJoe#1 said:
I much preferred the line up at Stoke without Navas, we were better balanced and more creative. Now that Yaya and Wilfrid are back I don't expect to see him start another game this season.

Then I think you will be dissapointed. The fact Bony is now here is more reason to play Navas. Sad to say but with a fully fit squad, it may me Jimmy keeping the bench warm.

mosssideblue said:
BigJoe#1 said:

Then I think you will be dissapointed. The fact Bony is now here is more reason to play Navas. Sad to say but with a fully fit squad, it may me Jimmy keeping the bench warm.

I suppose Pellegrini will carry on rotating. It would be a shame if we didn't see more of Navas (or Milner for that matter) this season, .
After all, he made the difference when he came on against Hull.

Apart from that, how long will we have a fully fit squad? Not long, I suspect.

City_Sean said:
Navas gets stick but it isn't his fault. The simple matter of the fact is we don't get enough people into the box in order for him to pick one out.

That would support the view that he has even less reason to constantly hit the first man with a cross as he's not directly his pass to a person and has greater options to hit the cross into space. Adam Johnson was far more effective, took his man on more, scored more goals and found his team mates more successfully. Navas deserves the criticism, he isn't the required quality for the EPL and no where near the level of wingers in top teams in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.