Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

The thing with Navas is that when he has the ball we don't get no way near enough numbers in the box to give him targets, we also lack real height (Dzeko doesn't really add to it because he's a pansy)

Though at times he can frustrate because instead of hitting the ball in early so the defenders can't position themselves he delays it so they can regroup in numbers, that ties in with our slow build up this year and 4, 5 touches per player. He also cuts infield too often and when one on one with a full back he rarely dares to take them on.. something you'd expect from a supposed "Pacey, direct out and out winger" which he just isn't any more.

We need big improvements on the wing, especially a left footer. Players like Hazard, Reus & Di Maria have all unfortunately slipped through us.

Manchester City winger Jesus Navas has admitted he would like to one day return to Sevilla, possibly to end his career.

Navas left Ramon Sanchez Pizjaun for the Etihad Stadium in the summer of 2013 and ahead of City’s Champions League game against Barcelona, has spoken to Marca.

After discussing the match itself, talk turned to his impressions of England and how the Spain international views his long-term future.

“It would be nice to finish my career at Sevilla,” he admitted.

“They’re the club that gave me everything and it would be a nice way to end.

“Sevilla this season have options to reach the Champions League, but it will be difficult.”

Asked about his status with the national team, having missed out on recent squads, he confirmed he was eager to get back into the fold.

“I’m happy with my team and I’m working to return for La Roja, of course,” he acknowledged.

“I have always been in the group of Vicente del Bosque and I’ll give everything to come back.

“My idea is to go and work every day for a place in the squad. I am very excited.”

The interview concluded with Navas asked about his first season in the Premier League, and if there was anything he missed about living in Spain.

“You’d have to ask others [about how he has done at City]. But I’m comfortable, although there’s always room to improve. I’d say 8 out of 10,” he replied.

“I don’t miss anything about the football in Spain. The pace here is exciting and so are the games, either playing or watching. But I do miss the weather, especially.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-espana.net/48715/navas-eyes-sevilla-return" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-espana.net/48715/na ... lla-return</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Manchester City winger Jesus Navas has admitted he would like to one day return to Sevilla, possibly to end his career.

Navas left Ramon Sanchez Pizjaun for the Etihad Stadium in the summer of 2013 and ahead of City’s Champions League game against Barcelona, has spoken to Marca.

After discussing the match itself, talk turned to his impressions of England and how the Spain international views his long-term future.

“Sevilla this season have options to reach the Champions League, but it will be difficult.”

Asked about his status with the national team, having missed out on recent squads, he confirmed he was eager to get back into the fold.

“I’m happy with my team and I’m working to return for La Roja, of course,” he acknowledged.

“I have always been in the group of Vicente del Bosque and I’ll give everything to come back.

“My idea is to go and work every day for a place in the squad. I am very excited.”

The interview concluded with Navas asked about his first season in the Premier League, and if there was anything he missed about living in Spain.

“You’d have to ask others [about how he has done at City]. But I’m comfortable, although there’s always room to improve. I’d say 8 out of 10,” he replied.

“I don’t miss anything about the football in Spain. The pace here is exciting and so are the games, either playing or watching. But I do miss the weather, especially.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-espana.net/48715/navas-eyes-sevilla-return" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-espana.net/48715/na ... lla-return</a>

For all the criticism he receives I'd say the biggest problem if we don't have enough numbers in the box for him to hit. He had the most assists lad year, and I for one can't fault his work rate. He offers Zaba and Sagna so much protection when he plays.

City_Sean said:
FantasyIreland said:

For all the criticism he receives I'd say the biggest problem if we don't have enough numbers in the box for him to hit. He had the most assists lad year, and I for one can't fault his work rate. He offers Zaba and Sagna so much protection when he plays.
So long as the first defender's shins are in the box then there's more than enough in there for him to hit.

pudge said:
City_Sean said:
FantasyIreland said:

So long as the first defender's shins are in the box then there's more than enough in there for him to hit.

Haha, his crosses do always seem to hit the first man. I'm hoping now Bony is here and Dzeko is getting back to fitness Navas will actually be able to cross a ball with height and we could see a lot more goals.
One thing Navas does very well is finding the space out wide and working hard, just his final delivery can let him down

City_Sean said:

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it as it has been said several times in this thread.... then if we don't have the numbers or the height in the box, I must question why we are playing him.... every game, because as has also been stated in thus thread his pace and providing crosses and balls in are (allegedly) his strong point... and not much else.

Is he the original waste of a shirt meaning we have more able alternative players that can do a different or better job for the team?

I dont care if we lose him...he isn't top 4 material full stop.

All he has is pace and thats pretty much it....he can't beat a man, isn't a great finisher, awful crosser...basically he is the spanish aaron lennon. He workds hard i will give you that, but so do a lot of other players.

We need a quality winger like Depay or Reus in the summer. Navas isn't the man to take us where we want to go in the CL.

agyeiboateng said:

All he has is pace and thats pretty much it....he can't beat a man, isn't a great finisher, awful crosser...basically he is the spanish aaron lennon. He workds hard i will give you that, but so do a lot of other players.

We need a quality winger like Depay or Reus in the summer. Navas isn't the man to take us where we want to go in the CL.

sell-all-the-players.jpg

He's a belting squad player, much rather have him in the first 11 than Milner.

agyeiboateng said:

Ha and you suggest depay who has proving nothing at any decent level, you clown

Proelia said:
agyeiboateng said:

Ha and you suggest depay who has proving nothing at any decent level, you clown

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.