Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Re: Jesus Navas, good but.....

shemnel said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Fringe squad player at best, he did very little today against West. Ham, very little indeed.

He just can't beat a man, which is what his primary function should be out there on the wing.

Put the ball on a plate for Aguero who fucked it up royally. Not Navas's fault.

hid did indeed play Aguero in nicely for that but he really contributed very little else and has a disappointing game

He wasn't fantastic but he was certainly not the biggest problem out there today. He made four key passes and played in six accurate crosses, which is what he's in the side to do (and finished with an assist, although I'm not sure we can give him too much credit for Silva's goal...)

Don't get me wrong, I would certainly start Milner over him in most games, but I don't think he should be at the top of the list for criticism after that game.

FromPollockToSilva said:
shemnel said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Put the ball on a plate for Aguero who fucked it up royally. Not Navas's fault.

hid did indeed play Aguero in nicely for that but he really contributed very little else and has a disappointing game

He wasn't fantastic but he was certainly not the biggest problem out there today. He made four key passes and played in six accurate crosses, which is what he's in the side to do (and finished with an assist, although I'm not sure we can give him too much credit for Silva's goal...)

Don't get me wrong, I would certainly start Milner over him in most games, but I don't think he should be at the top of the list for criticism after that game.

6 accurate crosses?? did he?! im not questioning you if you were marking them down etc but im struggling to remember a couple nevermind 6! i thought he was too negative but credit to West Ham who actually tactically nullified him. Now, if Kolarov had started and Silva was in the middle, and Dzeko was off, then you not only can exploit the left instead but Navas has Silva to pass inside to which is where, if West Ham are doubling up on Navas, the Hammers should be short a man. I still think Navas was quite poor today but did to an extent get hung out to dry by the tactics a bit.

shemnel said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
shemnel said:

6 accurate crosses?? did he?! im not questioning you if you were marking them down etc but im struggling to remember a couple nevermind 6! i thought he was too negative but credit to West Ham who actually tactically nullified him. Now, if Kolarov had started and Silva was in the middle, and Dzeko was off, then you not only can exploit the left instead but Navas has Silva to pass inside to which is where, if West Ham are doubling up on Navas, the Hammers should be short a man. I still think Navas was quite poor today but did to an extent get hung out to dry by the tactics a bit.

Those are the numbers on WhoScored anyway. It doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the cross, just that it went to a City player, so maybe it wouldn't be accurate to say he put in six good crosses, but he was still doing his job at least.

Couldn't agree more about Kolarov and Silva though. Silva needs to be played centrally behind a forward and Aleks should be starting more often than not.

shemnel said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
shemnel said:

The trouble is every team seems capable of nullifying Navas. I think his type of game and level is Newcastle on Weds.

A very good impact player but not quite good enough to become a regular.

Dont care what anyone says, we missed a trick not going for Di Maria or Sanchez, when players of that quality come on the market you have to go for them.

Navas is very good, but he shouldn't of started against this physical West Ham side.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Dont care what anyone says, we missed a trick not going for Di Maria or Sanchez, when players of that quality come on the market you have to go for them.

Navas is very good, but he shouldn't of started against this physical West Ham side.

Did you miss the FFP restrictions?

He lacks a footballers brain. When he should run down the wing he cuts inside and loses the ball. When he should cut inside he runs down the wing and loses the ball. Awful decision making

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.