Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

blue ranger said:
Best player tonight - deserves to stay in team

I thought he was very good as well. Mind you I thought he played very well at Chelsea but then was dropped and hasn't really had a look in again until today.

pudge said:
Great second half in particular, much more direct than usual.

Still not convinced he's as fast as people let on though, doesn't need to be tbf.

ZwGHCXD.gif

The crowd screaming for him to take-on the full back, but Yaya throwing his toys out of the pram because he didn’t get the return pass.

I bet Navas felt like the Chinese man stuck between Lee Van Cleef and Clint Eastwood

Makes such a big difference having someone with good movement in the box. Bony was so sharp and active when Navas had the ball out wide, and as a result Navas didn't do that dithering thing he does where he takes an extra touch before crossing it. Dzeko has a habit of just standing still on the penalty spot, which isn't very helpful.

The second goal as well showed just how dangerous we could be playing with proper wingers who play on the same line as the striker and actually try and attack the ball in the box. Milner and Navas are hardly terrifying wingers, but by just playing higher up the pitch and being a front 3, we caused problems. I'd love us to be able to do that more often and see how dangerous it would be with better players.

Second goal shows what can happen when a player can be arsed to keep up with Navas instead of him having to hold up the ball for 10 minutes. Ffs get the ball and men in the box and hurt these teams.

fredmont said:
Second goal shows what can happen when a player can be arsed to keep up with Navas instead of him having to hold up the ball for 10 minutes. Ffs get the ball and men in the box and hurt these teams.

Everyone who criticises him for his 'cut backs' fail to notice how hardly any of our players are up to speed with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.