Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

i have been critical of him before but last night made me realize what we are missing when we dont play him. links up well with zaba also when he plays. ok so sometimes his delivery isnt great but often doesnt have much to aim at. looks like him and bony will work well together

my m,o,m last night,im a navas fan,he was fantastic in the second half

Jesus was my MOTM too.

Kolarov was out best player in the first half but didn't have much to do in the second half.

We need to play him more. Even if frustrating at times with his crossing at least he tracks back with pace when we lose the ball. Chasing Hazard down vs. Chelski comes to mind.

Fair play to him last night, took on his man more often and put some decent crosses, cutbacks in. I think at times nobody on our team can keep up with him and we don't get enough numbers into the box to give him a real target.

He's frustrating though when he cuts infield and also when he's 1 on 1 with an opponent he won't try and take them on. Hopefully with Bony now we'll give him something to aim for.

J_Bow said:
Fair play to him last night, took on his man more often and put some decent crosses, cutbacks in. I think at times nobody on our team can keep up with him and we don't get enough numbers into the box to give him a real target.

He's frustrating though when he cuts infield and also when he's 1 on 1 with an opponent he won't try and take them on. Hopefully with Bony now we'll give him something to aim for.
I'm sorry but I don't buy into the comment that he won't take on an opponent - just look at the cross for the second goal. He took on his opponent, beat him to the bye line and got his cross in. And that wasn't the only time. Another that springs to mind is the cross that Bony flicked and the goalie saved. The lad deserves more credit than some give him.

I think he is improving all the time and against Leicester he showed more of a cutting edge with his delivery. If that keeps improving he will become a great weapon for us when we want to change things up.

He gives a few different options navas than the usual side to side possession game we play! I would like to see him cross the ball in a bit earlier at times spread a bit of confusion in the opponents box like at chelsea!

He creates space and he makes chances. He should have had a hat-trick of assists the other night (he put two on a plate for Bony before Milner's goal). And to top it all off, he does his work defensively too. I can't imagine Jordi Alba would have had quite the same amount of space and time for Barcelona's second goal had Navas been on the pitch.

Great player to have in the squad, might not be a starter in every match but he's more than earned his keep while he's been with us. for £15mill he's certainly been decent business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.