Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid back his transfer fee 3 times over, in my opinion. Love the little odd-ball. I find it fascinating how he can be world-class off the ball and then be so different when his technical talent is needed. It took me a while to see why he played so often, but last season, when I realised, it taught me a little about football and what it's going to take for us to reach the elite 3 in europe.

Offers so much that the rest of our team doesn't, the first being his 1-dimensional work from the touchline. That width he provides is vital for David Silva in the No.10 role, as it gives him that extra half-second to prove to the world that he belongs on a top 3 Ballon D'or list. His straight-line runs give us an out when passing-triangles aren't working. He makes the team create chances with his work alone. His protection of the full-back is second to none in our squad.

As many pro-Navas bluemooners have probably already stated, it takes more than just world-class players to make a world-class team. If we can find a 'world-class Navas' then by all means, Txiki, sign him up, but until then, Navas should be an unquestionable starter in our team as he makes us so much better.

Love ya Jesus. And keep up this great run of form!

It's fantastic how a lot were writing-off his City career because we'd bought KDB but instead it's put him into the form of his life with us. Long may it continue!

He should start every game against good opposition. Been really good and consistent this season apart from the West Ham game. Great for the balance in the team and whether he has a poor final ball or not, he's always a threat.

Paid back his transfer fee 3 times over, in my opinion. Love the little odd-ball. I find it fascinating how he can be world-class off the ball and then be so different when his technical talent is needed. It took me a while to see why he played so often, but last season, when I realised, it taught me a little about football and what it's going to take for us to reach the elite 3 in europe.

Offers so much that the rest of our team doesn't, the first being his 1-dimensional work from the touchline. That width he provides is vital for David Silva in the No.10 role, as it gives him that extra half-second to prove to the world that he belongs on a top 3 Ballon D'or list. His straight-line runs give us an out when passing-triangles aren't working. He makes the team create chances with his work alone. His protection of the full-back is second to none in our squad.

As many pro-Navas bluemooners have probably already stated, it takes more than just world-class players to make a world-class team. If we can find a 'world-class Navas' then by all means, Txiki, sign him up, but until then, Navas should be an unquestionable starter in our team as he makes us so much better.

Love ya Jesus. And keep up this great run of form!
Good post. He's probably one of the best in the league at helping his fullback out.

Wrote this on another City forum a few months ago, is it just me who thinks that he could be a good right back?

Wrote this on another City forum a few months ago, is it just me who thinks that he could be a good right back?
Too small would be targeted for Fellaini style hoof ball too easily, and would be crap on the far post. On the ground possibly but his tackling would need to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.