Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see a yaya 60mph pass to navas's adams apple whilst he's stood hug tight to the touchline with the fullback 5yd away and moving-in...you dont think 'moves over', you think 'still on'. His two feet shuffle to get the start on a defender who's come too tight would give Sturridges version of it a ten break. If three of our players are in or arriving in the box and dont signal then he picks the percentage ball, seen him chucked a couple of signals recently and he found a blue shirt to good effect.

He would bloody frustrate me as well....and not because he wasn't any good, but because you know how good he can be. His crossing of the all has improved considerably in the last few games and he is actually beating players as well.

He is replicating the form he showed in the confederations cup before the Brazil world cup

JN-742x417.jpg

Navas in his £8,000,000 car.

This guy is so ineffective it's not true, I can remember about two games this season where he's played ok, but they were when the team was on fire, still he never made that much of a contribution to the result. He just does not cut it at this level. So I ask why, why the hell is he starting so many games? What hold does he have over Pellegrini?

Tonight he was utterly useless, I genuinely believe players only pass out to him as a pass of last resort when there are no other options available.

Whilst we can't blame him entirely for tonight's defeat, I think he contributed massively to their goal.

When Yaya was bursting through, he should have peeled out to the right, taken a defender with him and given Yaya both space and an option for a pass.... Instead of that, what does he do? He closes in on Yaya, taking a defender in with him - pressurised Yaya into shooting quickly and losing posession. The outcome being Juve break and score.

Sorry, he has to go. He is NOT good enough to play in this team. Whilst no one played particularly well this evening, Navas may as well have not been on the pitch for what his net contribution was.

Piss-poor from Navas last night, he was absolutely crap. Didn't beat his Championship fullback once.

there is a lot to be said for Navas and Sagna not working as well as Navas and Zaba - a good partnership on the flank brings out the best of both the wide men. also i'll cut him a bit of slack as cutting inside is a style seen on both flanks from most of our wide players, which hints at a coached style rather than players' choice.

however, i did get frustrated last night and he made very little danger. he was very promising at the start of the season and has tailed off a bit

He was back to his infuriating self last night. So much going for him as a player but lacks the composure needed as a winger all to often.

It's soon 2 years since he last scored a PL goal. Is he the worst finisher of all time? Or is he just unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.