Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anyone can rate Navas is beyond me. I'm still waiting to see this speedy winger who can cross a ball. Today Aguero was pleading for the ball unmarked in the area. What does that plonker do. Stand there shitting himself then hits it straight at the keeper. Did exactly the same at the swamp last season. In 68 prem games (inc sub) he has scored 4 goals. I expect more than that from a winger.

Very harsh. He keeps the ball well, works hard for the team and is an outlet. If we sign DeBruyne and Navas is willing to stay then I for one will be very happy.

The last thing any fullback will want is to face Navas coming on at 70 minutes.

needs to learn to play the right ball 1st time and not dwell and change his mind. plays killer balls first time, but when he has time, he tends to pick the wrong choice. Maybe its the type of player, i remember a few other players got slated in the past for the same thing at othe
er clubs like Lennon, Walcott etc.

I think he's been excellent so far this season. Anyone slagging him this year is a bellend IMO.

Last edited:
Not saying by any stretch he had a bad game today but he isn't 1st team quality (Certainly a good option off the bench) for where we wanna go I'm afraid. Too much dilly-dallying on the ball today, looked very indecisive when a few clear opportunities to pass went begging. Glad it looks like De Bruyne deal is close to being completed he'll really add that killer instinct to our already superb attacking front 4. Reckon we should grant Seville's chairman his wish & sell him back once we've wrapped the league up by Xmas :)

I think he's been excellent so far this season. Anyone slagging him this year is a bellend IMO.

Agree with this. Was superb today for the most part. His confidence in front of goal isn't all there but to say he struggled is laughable. He created 2 or 3 very good chances for aguero, got into great positions himself with excellent off the ball movement and linked up well with both Sagna and Silva whenever he floated out the right hand side.

Right before the first goal I'd have said he (Navas) was having a much better game than Raheem Sterling who done very little. Sterling then done excellent to get an assist.

Had Navas got that assist I think some of the comments on here would be different.

Let's just say if it was football manager then Navas would be a 'valuable first team player'.

I like him. He does a lot. He doesn't get the credit for it and when things aren't going well he'll be the first to get the criticism which is somewhat unfair.

Have to admit Navas isn't a favorite of mine
He has excellent pace and works his butt off the entire game
I agree he should be starting, but also think an improvement could be made if the right player is available. KDB could be an upgrade, but may/ may not be available.
Cheers to Navas and hopefully he continues his excellent effort

Theres a difference between slagging him and accepting he is a limited player. His work rate is second to none and he always gives his all but his end product is lacking. Theres a reason we're trying so hard to sign KDB but that doesn't mean Navas won't have his role to play this season. He will be a great impact sub.

In front of goal he only either smashes it at the keeper or skies it over the bar. Absolutely no composure in front of goal. He's been getting a lot of good balls into Sergio lately though and deserves credit for his work ethic and selfless performances.

He'll never be the star man but you can't have a Sergio or a Silva in every position. You need hardworking, team players. Can't have a world class option in every single position, it's just not possible and it just isn't practical.

I slagged him off a lot last season because I felt he was letting the side down but this season he looks a different player, and quite important to the way we play, and instrumental in our three wins thus far. When Nasri comes on we look more laboured in attack so I'm not quite sure how KDB is gonna work out if he's playing out wide.

Navas deserves his minutes atm and anyone slagging him off needs to look at themselves, he's limited, he's no Sterling but he's a bloody hard worker and had a great few games. Difference this year for me is he seems more intelligent on the ball, more hardworking and his crosses are actually finding people in the box.

Good luck Navas pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.