Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is frustrating a lot of the time but I've seen him cause problems for Alaba, Azpilicueta, Jordi Alba and no team really has a comfortable time dealing with him. Great attitude and great signing for what we paid.

He's got about 10 quality crosses into the box in the three games. He's been one of our best players, long may it continue.

The amount of work he gets through.... Up and down the pitch at a sprinters pace, sometimes two or three times in a minute or so, all afternoon. Plus constant closing down.

The major difference this season, apart from being given his ideal role, is that he's clearly been drilled non-stop to play the early ball. When he had time, and he's asked to pick a finish or final pass, he blew it. Hopefully it's still a work in progress.

Good, but on our form and trajectory he's the weakest attacking player and wasteful. it's a sign of where we're going that a player of his level isn't good enough

Been a critic of Nevas alot of the time as he annoys the fuck out of me tbqh, but looked sharp yesterday imo...looked very confident tbh. Most of his crosses reached the target yesterday, Linked up well with Sagna like he normally does Zab, absolutely dominated that right side yesterday...Keep it up I say.

It'll be interesting; like Otamendi and Mangala, to see if he is favoured half as much be if we manage do actually get KDB.

In front of goal he only either smashes it at the keeper or skies it over the bar. Absolutely no composure in front of goal. He's been getting a lot of good balls into Sergio lately though and deserves credit for his work ethic and selfless performances.

He'll never be the star man but you can't have a Sergio or a Silva in every position. You need hardworking, team players. Can't have a world class option in every single position, it's just not possible and it just isn't practical.

I slagged him off a lot last season because I felt he was letting the side down but this season he looks a different player, and quite important to the way we play, and instrumental in our three wins thus far. When Nasri comes on we look more laboured in attack so I'm not quite sure how KDB is gonna work out if he's playing out wide.

Navas deserves his minutes atm and anyone slagging him off needs to look at themselves, he's limited, he's no Sterling but he's a bloody hard worker and had a great few games. Difference this year for me is he seems more intelligent on the ball, more hardworking and his crosses are actually finding people in the box.

Good luck Navas pal

Many of the world top strikers do that regularely too.. but we must take into account that Navas is rarely in front of goal hes always on an angle which is far harder to score from.

Navas seems to be one of those players I sometimes struggle to decipher whether he's done a very decent job or has been wasteful!

His pace is no doubt a threat and his work ethic explains why Pellers loves him in the starting XI. He probably isn't considered a top drawer player, if his final ball was more consistent in picking men out and his finishing improved he probably would have everything you need,unfortunately those two things are integral to a player in his role.

Has linked up well with Sagna this season and we do look a threat down that side and are not as predictable in just attacking down the left.
Can you not see that with a threat on either side this has given us more options which seems to be working. Navas is a pawn in our chess game, pawns are very important but limited in what they do.

He's got more space now because of how much of a threat we are on the left. It's helping him. Still a bit embarrassing that he can't use his left foot, nor shoot with his right foot, but he has been very good so far.

285 apps for Sevilla 23 goals..

285 by 23 = a goal in every12.39 games

95 apps for City 7 goals

95 by 7 = a goal every 13 games

I don't think we bought him for his goals tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.