Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprising he has that much pace with only one foot
Same goes for Kolarov. Navas has been superb this season so feel sorry for him. Hopefully this will motivate him to keep working hard and fight for his place. I'm sure Pellers has had a quiet word with him to reassure him that he still is a valuable part of the squad.

Barcelona wouldn't be interested in Navas if Man U hadn't outsmarted them (along with everybody else) by snatching Martial from under their noses by cunningly paying £58 million for him. Something of a master stroke in nobodies opinion.

He's useful, but he'd be so much better if he could get his goal scoring back to even the level it was in 13/14 when he bagged half a dozen. At the moment he's got no goal threat at all and the opposition know it.

I don't think I've witnessed a player quite as underrated by his own fans as our Jesus Navas. What I think a lot of fans don't get is that he is a genuine out and out right midfielder, a dying breed of player these days. He always looks to move forward as quickly as possible and by hugging the touchline he gives silva a lot more space to work with. Yes he doesn't do the Adam Johnson ten step overs before beating his man and doing fuck all with the ball and yes he can't shoot for shit but the job he does for the team is vital regardless of whether he's starting games or coming off the bench. There is also a myth that he can't cross which I think is down to a lack of movement and options in the box, he amazingly plays much better when we play two up front which is obviously no coincidence. He works as hard as anyone just without the praise James Milner got for doing the same amount of work. Our new man KDB may shove him out our best 11 but I think navas deserves far more praise than he gets from city fans

I don't think I've witnessed a player quite as underrated by his own fans as our Jesus Navas. What I think a lot of fans don't get is that he is a genuine out and out right midfielder, a dying breed of player these days. He always looks to move forward as quickly as possible and by hugging the touchline he gives silva a lot more space to work with. Yes he doesn't do the Adam Johnson ten step overs before beating his man and doing fuck all with the ball and yes he can't shoot for shit but the job he does for the team is vital regardless of whether he's starting games or coming off the bench. There is also a myth that he can't cross which I think is down to a lack of movement and options in the box, he amazingly plays much better when we play two up front which is obviously no coincidence. He works as hard as anyone just without the praise James Milner got for doing the same amount of work. Our new man KDB may shove him out our best 11 but I think navas deserves far more praise than he gets from city fans

He works as hard as Milner did, in some aspects I feel sorry for him, as nobody in our team gambles and makes themselves an option for a cross. He's a vital and valuable squad player for us.

I like him as a sub or to tire out defenders in the first half. But for 90 mins he lacks real threat.

I agree to a point. Navas is a fantastic option to have and is constantly a source of distraction for opposition left backs. Even without a goal scoring threat, full backs are reluctant to push forward because they know that, if a counter attack starts on their side, they'd have absolutely no chance of catching him. For this reason alone he is a huge benefit for his teammates.

However, as someone who contstantly defended his poor delivery, I am now of the belief that he just can't accurately find a man in the box. Even with few options in there, he should be able to put the ball in a decent area but he more often than not completely miss hits it.

Just like Milner for me. Hard worker, limited ability.

His goal scoring record is terrible for someone who gets the number of chances he does.

Good squad member but not in our best 11 for me.

Yes he doesn't do the Adam Johnson ten step overs before beating his man and doing fuck all with the ball and yes he can't shoot for shit

Tell me what is the purpose of a footballer who "does fuck all with the ball and can't shoot for shit?". Without these basic fundamentals, his contribution in terms of running around a lot and providing supporting cover to the full-back are always going to be overlooked unless he can add a credible and sustained offensive threat to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.