Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Sergio's not quite fit yet in that his shooting boots are still little off, with no preseason (see Watford-seems to have found them with Argentina tho').

Oh ok, in that case I completely agree. Thought you meant in all his time at City. Although, having said that, Sergio would have tucked plenty away already if it wasn't for some very good goalkeeper performances.

He wouldnt get anywhere near the starting elevans of the top sides so wouldnt call him underated. He cant beat a man, doesnt score goals and his final ball is usually dreadful. He has some qualities such as his touch, good footballing brain and defensive work but im glad we've finally bought a huge upgrade in KDB.
De bruyne isn't exactly an 'upgrade' because they couldn't be more different as players, name me a better right midfielder who would be happy to sit on our bench? Valencia looked a player in his first season at United but look at him now, you can never tell if a player can make that step up but navas has been consistently good for us imo and is a valuable member of our squad

I'm glad some sense is being talked about Navas here. He took a ridiculous amount of slagging off last season from some posters. I agree that he is not now an automatic choice for our starting eleven, but he's a bloody useful player to have in the squad.
Re goals. He scored some crackers in 2013-14 (see the first against Spurs at our place, from what looked like an impossible angle), so he can do it. I've got a feeling this has become a confidence problem, and that if he put even one in, his confidence would soar. Anyway, I just hope we can keep him.

De bruyne isn't exactly an 'upgrade' because they couldn't be more different as players, name me a better right midfielder who would be happy to sit on our bench? Valencia looked a player in his first season at United but look at him now, you can never tell if a player can make that step up but navas has been consistently good for us imo and is a valuable member of our squad
Well I dont think navas will be happy sitting on the bench every week, he will probably go back to spain next summer seville is my guess. Of course kdb is a different player but he will clearly replace navas in the starting 11 which improve the side.

He's a good squad player. He will bring a different element coming off the bench as a sub but I expect us to sell him next summer. Roberts plays on the right, yes?

Barcelona would be a bit surprising to me. He is certainly good enough to make their bench as the bench really isn't all that impressive there; however, if you're an attacker on the bench at Barca of all places you are going to see very little game time, barring injuries of course.

Been linked to Barca in January.

I don't want to see him go. Very underrated player. Don't understand the stick he gets.

I would keep him, but the chance of playing for Barca even as a sub might turn his head and he may want to leave. On a positive note it would free up a foreign spot if we need it.

We should replace him in the summer with a younger, hungrier speed merchant. Just someone that is going to stretch the game and cause havoc late in the game.

They don't need to have world class delivery or end product (see Navas) So someone like Walcott or Chamberlin would be ideal

We should replace him in the summer with a younger, hungrier speed merchant. Just someone that is going to stretch the game and cause havoc late in the game.

They don't need to have world class delivery or end product (see Navas) So someone like Walcott or Chamberlin would be ideal

Or a Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.