Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told in early June he was definitely staying.

It's true that his wife prefers to stay in Seville with their little one (& yes he is called baby Jesus) but Jesus is proud to play for City & for the time being isn't looking to move.
I understand a lot of our frustrations with his end product but personally I think he gives the opposition a real headache at times. He nullifies a lot of attacking threat from the opposition full back.

Excellent points

I was told in early June he was definitely staying.

It's true that his wife prefers to stay in Seville with their little one (& yes he is called baby Jesus) but Jesus is proud to play for City & for the time being isn't looking to move.
I understand a lot of our frustrations with his end product but personally I think he gives the opposition a real headache at times. He nullifies a lot of attacking threat from the opposition full back.
He does that very well.

He's a really likeable bloke but he could be incredibly frustrating last season, especially considering how much of an asset he'd been in his first season. Regardless of whether we sign Sterling, it'd be daft to let Navas leave, at least for the time being.

Hope he does go, yes he's pacey and is a good dribbler but he final ball is shocking. I can't see a place for him with sterling (supposedly) Joining the team. He'd be OK to have as a squad player, wouldn't care if he left though.

Surprised Navas hasn't been mentioned more after his excellent performance against West Brom. Didn't stop working all night, got some excellent balls into their box and put their defenders under pressure.

Really important team player who's always been underestimated IMHO.

Definitely, it was his best game for a while, particularly when sterling was on, he really seemed to benefit from the directness and speed that Sterling brought to the attack. He seemed to go back to the old Navas When Nasri arrived.

He looked stronger, broke through some challenges when I was convinced he'd get pushed off the ball, came up with some very nice cutbacks to Aguero, and even came inside a few times instead of constantly going on round the outside.

I'm sure a lot of people will just point and laugh at that one cross he did at the end of the game, which went all the way through to kolarov, and ignore the rest of his performance, even the fantastic work he did to get into the position to make that cross.

He is a very good squad player to have. He shouldn't be starting 30 games a year like he did last season, but Assuming we get KDB over the line, Navas is a more than adequate back up when he plays like today.

I would have been happy to see him gone but if he can produce more performances like last night then I'd be delighted to keep him. Also if he's the backup to DeBruyne and Nasri is the backup to Sterling then we are a great place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.