Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guess I'm the exact opposite to you, you don't create 79 chances in a season if your final ball is 99% shit. Think he frustrates the life out of most but some of the comments on here a a "joke"
Agreed.This fella has been a huge part of our superb league start,we have 15 points.....maybe we should have 18......but i'm not going to get my knickers in a twist because he had a frustrating game - Navas has provided us with some great football and has been well worth his modest fee.

I can see his positives.....but his weaknesses are frustrating and actually cost us on occasions. A winger who regularly fails with his crossing/selection of cross in the end isn't good enough. This isn't based on one game...this is based on his whole time at City and now we have other options I hope we start to see him on the bench and being used as an impact sub as he seems to do well in that role for Spain.

Many still have a very positive opinion of him because they judge him based on his price tag and workrate. This shows why players should be judged on what we need at this level and not just on how much they cost.

He's a useful player sometimes but in critical games his reading of the game is poor and much of his workrate wasteful. We need more accuracy in our finishing and that will never happen with a winger like Navas, and especially not if he's paired with a forward who's not in top form.

Just seen the highlights of the Utd and saints game.....look at the two crosses that saints score from......can u imagine navas putting in crosses like that.....ive rarely seen that from him.....or the turn from repay who then hits the post which leads to utds third.....can't see him doing that either

From an attacking point of view he is a huge weak link and extremely wasteful

"Chances Created" is the most bogus statistic I have ever seen in my life. Even more deceptive than "amount of passes completed with the left foot on a rainy day at the Britannia".

"Chances Created" is the most bogus statistic I have ever seen in my life. Even more deceptive than "amount of passes completed with the left foot on a rainy day at the Britannia".

Yup. There's been times where Silva has dribbled past two player, played an eye of the needle through ball to Navas who has then simply squared it for the forward to tap in. Navas gets the assist, not Silva. It's a crap stat in general which doesn't tell the whole story.

Stats in general within football are bogus. Navas is by far and away the weakest player in our squad, he'd get nowhere near the team in any other top 4 side. He's a likeable guy, gives his all but that doesn't excuse him from being shit. He offers us no threat whatsoever, he's in the team purely based on his workrate and his pace. There's plenty of other players that possess those attributes as well as actually being able to provide a threat going forward in some way. Should of gone in the summer but i can see why he didn't with the mass changes we've made in midfield. Should be the first one out next summer.

Here's a funny statistic:

Jesús Navas created the most chances (5) for Manchester City against West Ham United. What were these five chances?

Not a single one of them was a genuine goal-scoring opportunity. They were almost all lay-offs and cutbacks. Navas isn't creative at all. He's quick, and a below-average crosser at best. Awful at shooting. At least he takes part in the associative play and does a decent job at supporting his fullback. If he was English and his name was Rupert Browning, nobody would rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.