Player Topic: Kelechi Iheanacho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever heard of Isco?

Well let's wait and see. The way we will be setting up this season suggests that Bony will struggle to get game time when Aguero is fit so if I am proved wrong then great because it's about time some of the younger players were given a chance.

I haven't been this excited about watching the development of a young player before. I think he has something special, albeit raw. Anyone who's watched clips of him knows he has an eye for goal, but the thing that has really impressed me is his vision and awareness to look for a pass/through ball, some of his passing in pre season has been sublime. Over the next three years he's going to grow and bulk up, he has a low centre of gravity and looks like he can ride challenges and has plenty of skill.

This might be a bit optimistic, but I have a feeling that in 10/12 years he will still be with us and may be our highest ever goal scorer - we just need to give him chances, and to be honest, by not sending him out on loan, we have an obligation to play him, if we want him to reach his potential.

Exactly - the transition in formation is the last part of things and if Pep is to arrive it's exactly what he'd look to play. What they also do at youth level is move players around various positions to improve their versatility and develop their skills. They've used defensive midfielders in defence, left backs at centre back, strikers on the wing and that helps them be aware of positioning, movement and also be fully involved defensively as well. One of the major positives with Nacho is his willingness and eagerness to put a shift in. He doesn't stand still he works tirelessly to get on the ball and to try and get the ball back.

Barker and Roberts two of England's brightest wingers at youth level. Could one day see both of those with Sterling behind a striker. Unal one of the top rated strikers at youth level in Europe signed and loaned to gain experience. So many prospects. Garcia only promoted to EDS level during last season, excelled and awarded with a pre-season tour and lots of minutes with the first team. The very young Humphries also trusted to play, albeit in pre-season, against one of Europe's best sides despite his age.

There were slight murmurings about our Mancunian contingent in the EDS during the FA Youth Cup semi and final last season... the agenda against City is slowly starting to be revised as the media realise that our board want to see local lads and English players in the first team. It will save us a lot of money in the long term if our homegrown options are already in abundance at the club. Then, like Barca have done, you only have to spend big on the top talent that you need but haven't got at the club.
Our board have made it a clear strategy to develop youth based on the Ajax/Barca model. The investment in the academy is proof of this.
As much as Pellegrini will be largely left to it in relation to picking the team, each season there will be a full detailed review of things. Under FFP this has included key parts of the squad to improve and funding available and we've executed our strategy fairly well. Though people talk of high prices for Fernandinho/Mangala and how we could have signed Sanchez - we scored more than anyone again last season which confirms we were correct in investment in midfield and defence.

This season review has identified the need for homegrown players and to lower the age of the squad. It also follows a good season at youth level and we now have Nacho, Lopes and Denayer offering serious options at first team level, with even more to follow next time around. I think the strategy at left back is to give Angelino a chance following his loan with New York City. The club aren't afraid to take risks with young players and give them a chance, they've just been waiting for the right time. And that time is now coming. I've said on other threads this season our first team squad could include the likes of Zuculini, Delph, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Nacho, Bony, Denayer, Mangala, Hart, Lopes who all have 4-10+ seasons at the top level in them.

Something Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags have failed to do historically is replace their key players quickly. We're thinking about the future before it's happened. We're looking at who can be the next Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero for us and things are very positive.

Exactly - the transition in formation is the last part of things and if Pep is to arrive it's exactly what he'd look to play. What they also do at youth level is move players around various positions to improve their versatility and develop their skills. They've used defensive midfielders in defence, left backs at centre back, strikers on the wing and that helps them be aware of positioning, movement and also be fully involved defensively as well. One of the major positives with Nacho is his willingness and eagerness to put a shift in. He doesn't stand still he works tirelessly to get on the ball and to try and get the ball back.

Barker and Roberts two of England's brightest wingers at youth level. Could one day see both of those with Sterling behind a striker. Unal one of the top rated strikers at youth level in Europe signed and loaned to gain experience. So many prospects. Garcia only promoted to EDS level during last season, excelled and awarded with a pre-season tour and lots of minutes with the first team. The very young Humphries also trusted to play, albeit in pre-season, against one of Europe's best sides despite his age.

There were slight murmurings about our Mancunian contingent in the EDS during the FA Youth Cup semi and final last season... the agenda against City is slowly starting to be revised as the media realise that our board want to see local lads and English players in the first team. It will save us a lot of money in the long term if our homegrown options are already in abundance at the club. Then, like Barca have done, you only have to spend big on the top talent that you need but haven't got at the club.
Don't know what happened to my first post but superb post fella the future's looking very bright. This academy is going to be the dog's gonads!

Pellegrini would rather bring on Richard Wright than giving a young lad a chance.

3-0 up with 15 to go and Nasri and Demichelis get on ahead of Iheanacho and Denayer.

Great win, but can't help the feeling that the substitutions have dissapointed me...again!

People really need to temper their expectations with Iheanacho. He'll be used in the cup competitions and very sparingly in the league imo. Put De Bruyne in the team and he more than likely falls the way of Roberts today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.