Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you quote his price tag? How is that relevant to anything? Also, you pick up on his one miss, yet everyone's been guilty of missing big chances. Including 40 million pound man Aguero, 24 million pound man Silva, and 30 million pound man Toure. At least KDB's creating heaps of chances for our other really really expensive players to miss.

because I expect our star player, in a big game, to score a one on one. As he's so good that he's worth that price tag, I expect him to deliver when it matters. Sunderland was great, but we need that in the difficult games like Monday, that's the level he needs to get to. He's one of the few players in the world you could call a genuine match winner, just needs to find that consistency (which will come) but bury the chances when they come.

It's not like he's Navas, and the miss changed the complexion of the game. If I didn't think that highly of him, I wouldn't be that nit picky, hence why I just roll my eyes and wish for a psychiatric visit for Navas every time I see him run through one-on-one.

It's unfortunate for him that the 2 best chances he's missed recently (Stoke & Arsenal), have both lead to match changing goals at the other end a minute later. Not his fault we concede, but just symbolic of what he needs to become as an absolute star to drag us by the horns, take those critical chances and turn us back into title favourites. The team needs him to take those in tight games and drag them through the tough patch. Harsh on him, but he has the ability to do it. Like I said, wouldn't be nit picky if I didn't believe he could be that player.

Plenty of games where everybody said he played bad but where he created 5 open chances. If one or two go in, nobody would talk about a bad game.

Same as the top games, was really good vs Liverpool and Arsenal, but people say he was bad because the result was bad. I think he doesn't need to improve that much in away games and top games. I think his team mates need to improve in those games and finish the big chances he creates for them.

18 chances created away (statistic chances, it would be more if you actually count for yourself), 0 assists. That's not his fault I think...

One of the most naturally talented players I've seen at the club. He's a few months younger than Mangala and of course there's room for improvement but I'm delighted at that considering the influence he's had already.

What a stupid and pathetic comment...this guy sounds so bitter against KDB for whatever reason....oh I've got it....he's clearly anti-ginger.
I'm a big fan of kdb, the reason i'm here on the forum. I think he has right. He must start to deliver against top teams. I know he will but until that time i can understand that not everybody is convinced. I still think we will win the league with all our attaking power, certainly when our adversaries are losing points against minor teams.

because I expect our star player, in a big game, to score a one on one. As he's so good that he's worth that price tag, I expect him to deliver when it matters. Sunderland was great, but we need that in the difficult games like Monday, that's the level he needs to get to. He's one of the few players in the world you could call a genuine match winner, just needs to find that consistency (which will come) but bury the chances when they come.

It's not like he's Navas, and the miss changed the complexion of the game. If I didn't think that highly of him, I wouldn't be that nit picky, hence why I just roll my eyes and wish for a psychiatric visit for Navas every time I see him run through one-on-one.

It's unfortunate for him that the 2 best chances he's missed recently (Stoke & Arsenal), have both lead to match changing goals at the other end a minute later. Not his fault we concede, but just symbolic of what he needs to become as an absolute star to drag us by the horns, take those critical chances and turn us back into title favourites. The team needs him to take those in tight games and drag them through the tough patch. Harsh on him, but he has the ability to do it. Like I said, wouldn't be nit picky if I didn't believe he could be that player.
Totally agree with your analysis. Top players get judged against higher standards. This may sound harsh but it's a pressure most top players learn to live with and even enjoy.

He's only been here 2 minutes and he's one of the best players I've ever seen play for city,can't wait to see him him in a couple of year,be up there with the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.