Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I don't. My expectations are in line with a trophy driven, Pep securing management team. Folk like me breed innovation and future success, not "well that'll do and be ok, just be grateful for that" mentality you lot seem to possess. "Just saying".

PMSL. "Folk like me breed innovation and future success". Surprised then you've go time to waste amongst the flotsam and jetsam of an Internet forum. Surely you should be out in the world innovating.

You're obsession with money is a bit tragic. I'm sure the bosses understand that footballers aren't robots and will occasionally miss the odd sitter. And in terms of my own expectations if I expect too little it will explain why I'm currently loving supporting City as opposed to stamping my foot and bitching at everyone and everything that's isn't up to my exacting standards.

that's funny, I know of someone with those exacting standards. He's called Pep Guardiola. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Atleast we know full well by now that KDB was not a bad purchase. Let the more critical fans have their bone, In the EPL players are just scrutinized more, but i do like the fact that things get talked far more in detail in Enlgand, there is always room for discussion. I can certainly understand the wish of many people that he'd get more results in away games, even if i can understand the nuances of the others in saying that he hasn't been bad nessecary. It's just that by now people know what a KDB in his element make of an inpact, and there are important away matches to be won in the race for the league.

I guess it will come, and then i'm not sure about what people will be still able to be critical on, though rest assure youre never going to get rid of all critics in the EPL anyway. Honestly if you would combine his home stats with away stats that were half as good as his home ones, he would easily stand head and shoulders above this league. But we know he wil likely improve more in the future anyways ro it raises expectations towards evolution and improvement even with stats like that.

If anything i'm a bit more worried if he can keep up in terms of match fitness with all the work he gets. He tends to give it all in matches even against the likes of Sunderland where i figured it wouldn't have been to bad at some point to take it a bit more easy or get subbed. He was visibly tired in the M'Gladbach game from early on in the match, and i thought that Pellegrini wasn't doing him a favour by setting him up when tired. I think he might have something to learn regarding reserving strenght for the more difficult matches. Granted he played a a load of matches with all the injury's in the team and most players seem to take some hit to fitness like that bar perhaps Sterling who never seems to get tired.

If we concentrate on keeping DeBruyne at full fitness, physically & mentally for the remainder of the season, (which means not relying on him for every game as Pellegrini did earlier) I recon he will win us the title.

He is not the same player when overworked. He should be our weapon of mass destruction which we wheel out to kill off our most powerful rivals. We have a lot of home games against them to come & a couple of aways. Make sure he's 100% for every one.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh as loud as fuck at you or just let you keep going.

You're obsession with money is a bit tragic. I'm sure the bosses understand that footballers aren't robots and will occasionally miss the odd sitter. And in terms of my own expectations if I expect too little it will explain why I'm currently loving supporting City as opposed to stamping my foot and bitching at everyone and everything that's isn't up to my exacting standards.
Setting high standards and expecting people to live up to them is Pep Guardiola in a nutshell. This is the direction of travel of our football club, just some are quicker on the uptake than others.

that's funny, I know of someone with those exacting standards. He's called Pep Guardiola. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

You're taking the piss right? This reminds me of those people who read a bit about Brian Clough and then spend the weekend calling their kid's team "girls" who need to "pull their fucking finger out" because they think that their "no nonsense" style is going to inspire the next Lionel Messi.

You're not someone who has any influence over our team, you're just some bloke having a whinge on a football forum.

Setting high standards and expecting people to live up to them is Pep Guardiola in a nutshell. This is the direction of travel of our football club, just some are quicker on the uptake than others.

Setting high standards is perfectly normal for a club in the position we're in. However setting high standards does not include doing your best impression of a rag journalist and using the transfer fee of a player as a stick to beat them with every time they don't live up to those exacting standards. The people who own and run the club are eminently sensible enough to understand that money guarantees nothing, and that no journey is completely plain sailing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.