Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theatrics on pretending to have been struck could have led to a red. If that had happened to us we would be demanding retrospective action. No place in our side for that crap cut it out.

There would not have been any retrospective action, but it would have made what he did worse if Huth had been sent off. He would have been the big bad villian for everyones 2nd favourite team and with good reason. I like our centre backs to be tough the kind if they go down you know they must be hurt (although not as often as Vinny does), he has the potential to be like that so lets hope this one is a learning curve for him.

The theatrics on pretending to have been struck could have led to a red. If that had happened to us we would be demanding retrospective action. No place in our side for that crap cut it out.

Simulation has only ever been a bookable offence as far as I'm aware. Not sure why people are claiming he could've been sent off?

Retrospective action is taken when there is a foul that's been missed ? How could you get a red for falling over dramatically ? Also there was minimal contact.

Personally I didn't like it either, and he should be embarrassed when he watches it again, but the only red should be his face.

Simulation has only ever been a bookable offence as far as I'm aware. Not sure why people are claiming he could've been sent off?

Sorry what I meant was Huth could have been sent off. Then there would have been calls for retrospective action and the video would have supported it. It was blatant cheating and something that I just don't like to see. If Huth had got sent off that would have been a disgrace. He should also have been booked for the incident ungentlemanly conduct.

Sorry what I meant was Huth could have been sent off. Then there would have been calls for retrospective action and the video would have supported it. It was blatant cheating and something that I just don't like to see. If Huth had got sent off that would have been a disgrace. He should also have been booked for the incident ungentlemanly conduct.

Ah, right I get you.

It was emabarrassing, and not something you want to see City players do. Hopefully the manager will have a word with him and we won't see it again.

It was embarrassing for the lad, but that's all it was, neither Huth could have been sent off, nor Otamendi booked, as the referee didn't see it. I don't think anyone has ever had retrospective action taken over them for falling down like a sack of shite, its reserved, quite rightly, for bad tackles that have been missed (unless its Rooney).

Still hasn't happened 4 months on though, perhaps we should get a campaign going for our lad to be the first ?

If they planned on implementing this rule, half of the West Ham, Norwich, Swansea and Southampton teams would have been punished after their 'hit the deck, feign leg break then get taken off the pitch only to sprint on after all of 30 seconds of treatment' acts in order to waste time and see our lads booked.

Still hasn't happened 4 months on though, perhaps we should get a campaign going for our lad to be the first ?

The point is that it could've happened had the ref seen the incident and interpreted that Otamendi was elbowed. Otamendi is being admonished by Blues for this and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.