Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One bad pass is all I can think of.

We looked calm at the start but then Mangala started acting all weird and it put everyone on edge for a while

Missed far too many tackles today, which is the problem if you throw yourself into tackles all the time. Both their chances came from people going straight through him as if he wasn't there, which really can't happen right in the middle of the pitch. Not one of his better days, but we got away with it. Needs to calm down

Strange how people opinions seem differ depending on who the player is and whether they're a fan favourite or not. He was poor and got rinsed numerous times tonight. For all the stick Mangala got for tonight, Watfords best chances came from otamendi messing up. The ighalo turn where he left otamendi for dead only for Hart to make a great save and the chance at the end when ighalo nutmegged him and walked straight passed him.

I like him a lot. Would love if we had a solid enough back 4 to try him in a midfield. He's a monster.

Strong performance from him today. Showed that he can be a leader. Surely he should be the one to partner Vinny when he gets fit. I think the players and fans will much more confident when they're back together. Mangala makes everyone nervous especially if he has a player around him in the box.

Strange how people opinions seem differ depending on who the player is and whether they're a fan favourite or not. He was poor and got rinsed numerous times tonight. For all the stick Mangala got for tonight, Watfords best chances came from otamendi messing up. The ighalo turn where he left otamendi for dead only for Hart to make a great save and the chance at the end when ighalo nutmegged him and walked straight passed him.

You are correct. He was pretty poor tonight but ultimately Watford's only goal was an own goal and they didn't get many chances otherwise. Not sure why Otamendi and Mangala don't work so well together but it does seem to be the case.

What about the one where his last ditch tackle blocked ighalo from a free shot on goal after mangala miscontrolled a pass straight to him. Ottamendi is a very good defender. He's in a new league playing a crazy defensive system next to a baby elephant. I think he doing remarkably well considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.