Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather have Sterling or Walcott?? (i see them as the same type of player) i'm leaning towards Theo at the moment ...

The truth is that he's in the team because we paid 50m for him. And why did we pay that much? Because there is a quota of foreign players. There's no way we would even look at him if that quota didn't exist. People can delude themselves and say he's only in his early 20's if they want but that doesn't mean he is just suddenly going to become world class in a few years. Dribbling is supposed to be his strong point and yet he constantly gets dispossessed, his weight of pass is dire and his finishing is amateur which already cost us a massive game against Juventus that started this bad run of form. Look closely at KDB's body language towards Sterling at Sunderland, he looked so frustrated because he knows he is working with an average player. And before anyone says I am jumping on a band wagon, I said he was not good enough when were trying to sign him. He is just a glorified Jason Puncheon who was over hyped by the media because he was playing for Liverpool. Sorry but it's true.

The truth is that he's in the team because we paid 50m for him. And why did we pay that much? Because there is a quota of foreign players. There is no way we would even look at him if that quota didn't exist. People can delude themselves and say he's only in his early 20's if they want but that doesn't mean he is just suddenly going to become world class in a few years. Dribbling is supposed to be his strong point and yet he constantly gets dispossessed, his weight of pass is dire and his finishing is amateur which has already cost us a massive game against Juventus that started this bad run of form. Look closely at KDB's body language towards Sterling at Sunderland, he looked so frustrated because he knows he is working with an average player. And before anyone says I am jumping on a band wagon, I said he was not good enough when were trying to sign him. He is just a glorified Jason Puncheon who was over hyped by the media because he was playing for Liverpool. Sorry but it's true.
but we could of easily released Demichelis instead of giving him extension or fucked off Caballero or even Fernando to free up foreign space? If we did sign Sterling mainly because of HG, then its pure laziness from the board. There is no rule saying you have to have X amount of HG players.

I despair. There are so few players that we have bought in recent years that have made an immediate impact and yet still, morons on here are desperate to criticise our own players before they have even had chance to settle in to a new club. He's had a really good start and has fantastic potential. He is not the finished article at 20 and nor would anyone expect him to be.

Some proper overreaction here, yes his finishing and passing at times is poor and questionable but he's not even 21. It's hard to find a young player at 20-21 who has it all, complete package etc. His pace and movement on/off the ball has given us something we didn't have last season and has opened up space for others.

I was hoping he'd be a Navas with an end product, taking defenders on and laying on killer passes/crosses from near the byline. Plus a decent haul of goals. The jury's out at the moment although it's still early days. He should be able to prosper with Silva, KdB and Aguero but looks a bit lightweight so far.

Some proper overreaction here, yes his finishing and passing at times is poor and questionable but he's not even 21. It's hard to find a young player at 20-21 who has it all, complete package etc. His pace and movement on/off the ball has given us something we didn't have last season and has opened up space for others.

Could have got Usain Bolt for cheaper imo. Is that really the biggest credit we can give him? He's fast? So in turn he offers 'something different'?

I despair. He cost 50 million quid and he looks absolute dross. I couldn't care how fast he is.

He will win people over but he will never be world class. A good player but never worth the £49mil fee. Still we have to have a certain amount of "homegrown" players and he is one of the better English player about. But the quailty of English players is a joke these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.