Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're playing him too high up the pitch, he needs to come from deep with grass behind the full back to run into, where he's playing at the moment he's too easy to mark and struggles to gain momentum when running at the defence.

That's how i see it anyway.......

I know its frustrating with sterling but let's give him more time, may be when Silva gets-
Back he should start playing on the right and let kdb handle the left

I think our slower style of play doesn't suit him very well because one of his main assets is pace. I also think he is lightweight and easily bullied off the ball, exacerbated when we play so slowly....

I think we're playing him too high up the pitch, he needs to come from deep with grass behind the full back to run into, where he's playing at the moment he's too easy to mark and struggles to gain momentum when running at the defence.

That's how i see it anyway.......
I think sterling best position is as a no 10 or as a wide forward . Attacking wise he as always struggled to play as a winger

He's very young and has time to get his game together - he's not at the races at the moment but he's been bought for the length of his contract, not the first 7 league games.

We also have no viable options on the bench with all the injuries we have at the moment so the circumstances to manage him aren't ideal

You haven't but you're in danger of turning it into one.

He doesn't have to cross it. But it's an option and means not cutting inside every time and being utterly predictable.
Yes it's good to have Kolarov over lapping every now and then but not every time the ball goes to Sterling.

Hazard is a right footer on the left and Azpilicueta(or who ever is playing left back) doesn't feel the need to bomb past him every time because he doesn't cross with his left foot. but he instead often stands back and allows Hazard more space to dribble into etc.
The left back flying forward makes the right sided midfielder follow and just takes all the space out of that side.

Sagna and Zabaleta are much more in tune with this and choose their runs...Look how often Navas gets in behind a defense.

This is probably all lost on you anyway
You must be having a laugh. Do you think Kolarov just sprints down the line for fun, or do you think that is the game plan?
Have you ever played the game? You are talking about Chelsea and Hazard as if we are set up to play that way. We are not!
Maybe you could listen to some of the ex-players (pundits) who talk about Kolarov being the best left sided crosser of a ball in the league.

Clearly, I'm not going to change your mind about anything, let alone what the issue is down the left.

BTW, your "knowledge" of how Sagna-Zaba-Navas play doesn't aid your point at all.

Just adding another halo around Suarez's head. He basically made Sterling look good and Brendan a tactical genius.

Sterling is almost identical to Navas but can score he odd goal and sometimes go past a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.