Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their man didnt win the ball so if it wasnt a dive it was a penalty.Shit decision.

Sterling is doing great,a brilliant purchase
Not necessarily. There can be contact and he not get the ball without it being a foul.

Still missing those one-on-ones running into the left side of the box. Yet another bungled yesterday.

Great header though!

Does need to stop diving even if yesterday's wasn't a dive.

Played well again yesterday. Took his goal very well. I don't think he dives, he just telegraphs what he is going to do (when be cuts inside), the defender reads it and steps across and this knocks him off balance. The reason it doesn't look like a foul is because when Sterling cuts in, he slows down and his tumble looks fake.

When you see players like Bale and Ronaldo cut in, they don't really reduce their speed. They use it as a weapon to buy the space to get a shot away. Sterling seems to do it without really knowing what he is going to do next and as a result appears to lose momentum.

He is linking up much better and his flicks are coming off. I just wish he showed more of a cutting edge sometimes. I'm sure it will come with confidence and maturity. It's easy to forget his age sometimes. He's certainly kicked on a gear in the last month or so.

He does go down too easily at times, & that's because he used to play for Liverpool, & when he dived he got free kicks ,pens, people carded, etc etc & was cheered on for doing it, with no mention of it being wrong in any way, by anyone, anywhere.

And did any of us think for one fucking second, that he was going to get the same decisions here ?

2013/14:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ariest-man-Ive-played-hes-dirty-hes-tank.html
Last season: http://talksport.com/football/most-fouled-player-premier-league-revealed-150415143274?p=8
This season so far, see if you find anything missing: http://talksport.com/football/revealed-premier-leagues-most-fouled-player-151009169903

This speaks volumes. Absurd really that this type of thing is ignored.

I'm still laughing at the one where he got pushed over in the corner to off the pitch against Arsenal and got fuck all. Referees have got it in for him.

Good game from him yesterday.

seems like everyone apart from most city fans have a problem with him even arse fans were booing him ,not surprising the biased poor refs we have in this country are the same

Played well again yesterday and I think the refs gave defiantly got it in for him. For him to get the foul now it has to be blatent even then sometimes he doesn't get the decision, wether yesterday was a penalty or not is debatable but it wasn't a dive and a yellow joke decision

Don't call me a twat you tool, no need. The guy goes down easy, and it's why he doesn't get the penalties that he might well get. Yesterday's could have been given, but after watching it again there is something to be said for him deliberately falling into the player - he has plenty of previous for this. As for remembering every occasion he goes down, well just watch the games, and if you don't think he turns into players then throws himself at them, then fair play to you, but I see it. He's not the only one. Yaya has been a tart in the past as well, in fact he is worse as he goes on like a big girls blouse when the ref doesn't give it. It's the one thing that winds me up, as fans have now bought into the pundits bollocks about 'there was contact'.

Oh, and bringing the Aguero one up is nonsense, that was just the ref being a ****.

Diving is cheating. I don't want City synonymous with cheating. I agree with your points. It's unsporting & it goes against what real football fans want to see. For me, when a player throws himself against another then falls over looking for a foul, it means he isn't good enough to beat him with skill so he cheats instead. I hate it. It sets an awful example to kids.

For me, when a player throws himself against another then falls over looking for a foul, it means he isn't good enough to beat him with skill so he cheats instead.

So Robben, Ronaldo, Busquets, Suarez, Bale, Dybala and Neymar don't have the skill to beat a man? Pull the other one.

I agree with you, it's disgusting to watch a blatant dive but there's a difference between sticking your foot into a defender as you pass before performing somersaults and taking advantage of a clumsy, mistimed challenge.

I'm not saying Sterling hasn't got a track record of going down easily, I just think the criticism this time is bollocks.

One trait that endeared me to Shaun Wright-Phillips is that he'd get sent flying and just bounce up off the floor and carry on. I hope this is something Sterling starts doing because, as @Neville Kneville pointed out with those links, he's not going to experience the same fortune with us as he did at Liverpool.

He had a great game, linked well with Silva, Bony, Toure, De Bruyne. Those who think he dived yesterday need to wash their eyes with battery acid.

Raheem will learn things from playing and training with Kun that will help him lose some ideas he might have picked up from his time with Suarez. Such as, when you are close to goal against an opponent with a chance of scoring, try to score, first and foremost. And not to fall over and definitely not to bite a chunk out of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.