Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

ForzaMancini said:
Beermonster said:
Bit random and may have been answered else where but I can't seem to see it....

Anyone know why Sergio is wearing number 20 for Argentina instead of his preferred 16?

Rojo is wearing number 16 and I would imagine Sergio would have pulled rank over him?

He originally picked 16 as he was selected for the Argentina Olympic squad and there were a few squad numbers left, he opted for 16 because it was the date his wife was born on. Obviously now it has no sentimental value to him following their divorce so he has chosen a different number.

Thanks

sergio has explosive acceleration, more than anyone, but that puts enormous strain on his legs.
How do you manage something like that. Hamstrings can go anytime, muscles can rupture in seemingly normal incidents. All the club can do is have a squad that can cope and allow sufficient time for recovery . I believe we are nearly there.
As for selling Aguerro, our one true super-star, would be foolish imo, he wins games, he drags defenders out of position, he is irreplacable.

bellbuzzer said:
sergio has explosive acceleration, more than anyone, but that puts enormous strain on his legs.
How do you manage something like that. Hamstrings can go anytime, muscles can rupture in seemingly normal incidents. All the club can do is have a squad that can cope and allow sufficient time for recovery . I believe we are nearly there.
As for selling Aguerro, our one true super-star, would be foolish imo, he wins games, he drags defenders out of position, he is irreplacable.

Agreed. I remember when we were linked with signing him and I couldn't honestly believe it. My Boss (a City fan) didn't know anything about him but I did as I follow the Spanish League. I remember at the time telling him 'think of Tevez but younger, faster and better looking'. I then spent most of the afternoon popping in and out of his office whilst he scanned the net and O/S to see if the deal had been concluded. I go back to the mid 80's and for me he is the best forward I've ever seen at City. For some to suggest we should sell is just folly.

Last season was a one off with injuries with Sergio.
He has previously never played less than 40 games in a season .
To sell him would be absolutely insane .

Blue Streak said:
bellbuzzer said:

Agreed. I remember when we were linked with signing him and I couldn't honestly believe it. My Boss (a City fan) didn't know anything about him but I did as I follow the Spanish League. I remember at the time telling him 'think of Tevez but younger, faster and better looking'. I then spent most of the afternoon popping in and out of his office whilst he scanned the net and O/S to see if the deal had been concluded. I go back to the mid 80's and for me he is the best forward I've ever seen at City. For some to suggest we should sell is just folly.
Better looking than Tevez? Have you really thought this through?

KiLP12 said:
Sergio Aguero is now fit to play the Netherlands.
Not good news for City! It would be better if his injury kept him out for another week. Now he will come back too quick and get injured again. I'll go for the 63rd minute.

Not even as far as that. Taken off in 30th minute with hamstring or groin strain. But by then he's already put Argentina 2-0 up.
From a purely selfish point of view, I sort of want him to be (a bit) injured through to the end of this tournament. I basically don't want him playing again until he gets back to us and gets fully fit for this coming season. MCFC is all I care about now. Any one of the last four can win and it's much of a muchness to me …

Wouldnt be a surprise if he starts vs Germany that he is off limping with another muscle injury around 30-35th minute.

Of course he surely wants to play maybe this is last time his career that Argentina is in a WC semifinal two wins away from a WC winning.

But he isnt much good unless he is close to 100% fit and sharp.

Damanino said:
Wouldnt be a surprise if he starts vs Germany that he is off limping with another muscle injury around 30-35th minute.

Of course he surely wants to play maybe this is last time his career that Argentina is in a WC semifinal two wins away from a WC winning.

But he isnt much good unless he is close to 100% fit and sharp.

He won't be making the game against Germany, no Argentine will. Hup Holland Hup! Plus it is better for City if he doesn't so there is that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.