Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

KippaxCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
I trust the club to manage Kun carefully back to match fitness and they will get the balance right.
Based on the last two years my word would be "hope" rather than "trust"!

City will get it right. With our new training facilities there will be equipment that will help with injury rehabilitation, and they are more than likely looking at methods for injury prevention. Or at the very least decreasing the chances of injuries.

Ray78 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
I trust the club to manage Kun carefully back to match fitness and they will get the balance right.

City will get it right. With our new training facilities there will be equipment that will help with injury rehabilitation, and they are more than likely looking at methods for injury prevention. Or at the very least decreasing the chances of injuries.

Has any team in any league ever managed to do that Ray ?

Our record isn't as bad as some but is worse than others. Generally, though it all comes down to the players and whether their physiques can take the high tempo, pressing game and whether you have a big enough squad to rotate.

Arse have the worst record of all I would say and have now brought a new fitness coach in to address the problem but ultimately he can't re-invent the wheel. I think a lot of the Arse players are technically gifted, skilful types who are suited for the tika-taka style and a long, tough-tackling Premiership season seems to prove too much for most of them.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

willipp said:
Armaan said:
Frustrated watching Argentina's last two matches in a room full of dippers with their constant "what's all the hype about agueros" and "how can people compare him to Suarez" Shite. Unfortunately kun just wasn't fit and played terrible. Said it a few months ago but if we could get a huge fee for him now I'd take it all day long, Torres Mark two for me.

Sometimes I really wonder what some of our fans are drinking. Yes lets sell the best player we have, one of the best players on the planet just because he's struggled with injuries for a few months. I think those dippers have got to you.
Look mate I know Sergio's class, I know that. But at the end of the day he's injured far too often, every time you think he's back in form he just gets injured again. I did go over the top with the Torres comparison but I wrote that after being gutted watching Argentina lose so didn't really mean it. Just think if we could get a huge fee for him we could buy two or three class players, another injury hit season and he won't be worth half as much.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Ray78 said:
KippaxCitizen said:

City will get it right. With our new training facilities there will be equipment that will help with injury rehabilitation, and they are more than likely will be looking at methods for injury prevention. Or at the very least decreasing the chances of injuries.

Has any team in any league ever managed to do that Ray ?

Our record isn't as bad as some but is worse than others. Generally, though it all comes down to the players and whether their physiques can take the high tempo, pressing game and whether you have a big enough squad to rotate.

Arse have the worst record of all I would say and have now brought a new fitness coach in to address the problem but ultimately he can't re-invent the wheel. I think a lot of the Arse players are technically gifted, skilful types who are suited for the tika-taka style and a long, tough-tackling Premiership season seems to prove too much for most of them.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

True.

Armaan said:
willipp said:
Armaan said:
Frustrated watching Argentina's last two matches in a room full of dippers with their constant "what's all the hype about agueros" and "how can people compare him to Suarez" Shite. Unfortunately kun just wasn't fit and played terrible. Said it a few months ago but if we could get a huge fee for him now I'd take it all day long, Torres Mark two for me.

Sometimes I really wonder what some of our fans are drinking. Yes lets sell the best player we have, one of the best players on the planet just because he's struggled with injuries for a few months. I think those dippers have got to you.
Look mate I know Sergio's class, I know that. But at the end of the day he's injured far too often, every time you think he's back in form he just gets injured again. I did go over the top with the Torres comparison but I wrote that after being gutted watching Argentina lose so didn't really mean it. Just think if we could get a huge fee for him we could buy two or three class players, another injury hit season and he won't be worth half as much.

I cant think of a CF in the world who we could bring in thats close to a fit Aguero. Last season we seemed to rush him back and never get him fully fit and that's rolled over into the WC. We now give him the time he needs to fully recover, we ease him back into the side gently and hopefully we have one of the top 2 or 3 CF's in the world.

Armaan said:
willipp said:
Armaan said:

2011-12, played 48, scored 30.
2012-13 Played 40, scored 17.
2013-14 played 34, scored 28.

He's 26. Stop rushing him back from injury and GG. Anyone wanting rid is delusional.

Aguero does need a rest due to the injuries he had had but also at the same time he's been injured so has had some rest but with the start we've got its gna be hard to rest him up. Should be intresting to see how we gna go for the first game.

We really need to keep him away from injuries this season. Let's give him a break for some time and ease him back in by the end of August, early September. He hasn't played well since February or something and we need him to get past all his niggles. Let's give the keys to Jovetic temporarily.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Rammy Blue said:
It's a tough one to call as he's not been fully fit for circa 6 months.

He needs a rest but then bringing up to speed nice and slowly.

You're right, but we've got an absolute constable of a start. Dippers, Arse, Chelsea in the first 5; we haven't got the luxury of easing him back him. Sub for Newcastle, bring him on for the last half hour, and then start him against the martyrs

I hear ferzackerley what you are saying with the dippers, Arse and Chelsea. We need the best players available and he is the best striker. But, he's not the best if he's not fit and if he pulls up and is out for 2-3 months again then we'll miss him against the so-called minnows and maybe others will be injured or suspended by that stage.

Let's not forget that 3 points dropped against Chelsea is no worse or better than 3 points dropped against a minnow like Stoke or the 'rags'.
It IS worse by dropping points to Chelsea because our games with them will be six-pointers. Stoke will be no title threat to us and although they will need beating, these games will not be six pointers. At the very least, we must avoid defeat to our title rivals.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Rammy Blue said:
It's a tough one to call as he's not been fully fit for circa 6 months.

He needs a rest but then bringing up to speed nice and slowly.

You're right, but we've got an absolute constable of a start. Dippers, Arse, Chelsea in the first 5; we haven't got the luxury of easing him back him. Sub for Newcastle, bring him on for the last half hour, and then start him against the martyrs

I hear ferzackerley what you are saying with the dippers, Arse and Chelsea. We need the best players available and he is the best striker. But, he's not the best if he's not fit and if he pulls up and is out for 2-3 months again then we'll miss him against the so-called minnows and maybe others will be injured or suspended by that stage.

Let's not forget that 3 points dropped against Chelsea is no worse or better than 3 points dropped against a minnow like Stoke or the 'rags'.
It actually is! You can only affect your rivals in the matches that you play against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.