Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

He clearly needs time off.

We've got good cover. Dzeko was banging them in, while Jovetic really looked the part at the end of the season. The Beast will roar again and soon.

He does really look out of sorts in this WC for whatever reasons. The injuries can't help physically but psychologically it must be tough too. Give him as much rest as possible and use our other strikers. I mean that's why we have this luxury. So use it.

this may have been mentioned by someone in this thread already but...

there's no doubt injury after injury hasn't helped but I don't think he's been the same since he split up with his wife. I have no stats or data to back that up, just a personal observation that could be completely unrelated.

NanaToure42 said:
this may have been mentioned by someone in this thread already but...

there's no doubt injury after injury hasn't helped but I don't think he's been the same since he split up with his wife. I have no stats or data to back that up, just a personal observation that could be completely unrelated.

I also worried about this and hope it's not the case and don't actually think it is because he was fabulous last season when fit. This is a tough one for MP and fellow blues are right to be worried about the first few games against top 4 rivals. For the well being of the season as a whole and the CL I hope we can make sure after the first 5-8 games we are there or thereabouts and then if we get Kun Aguero properly fit we should kick on. Either playing 1 up top and/or using Jovetic more hopefully will help if Aguero not ready

jared said:
He does really look out of sorts in this WC for whatever reasons. The injuries can't help physically but psychologically it must be tough too. Give him as much rest as possible and use our other strikers. I mean that's why we have this luxury. So use it.

Absolutely. I love Sergio but he does need his rest if we want him fit for the rest of the season. While I don't know if he needs extra rest, a full preseason, or a mix of the two, I do know that we have 3 other very good strikers that can help the team succeed during the beginning of the season ( as tough as it might be). If I could have it my way i'd like to see how well Dzeko and Jovetic line up together for a few games, perhaps in a similar fashion to how Sergio and beast did at the beginning of the 2013/2014 season. I just have a feeling that the two might click really well together, although I do prefer Edin up front by himself for the tough away matches ( and for when chelsea visits us at the Etihad).

I'm no cynic said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
You're right, but we've got an absolute constable of a start. Dippers, Arse, Chelsea in the first 5; we haven't got the luxury of easing him back him. Sub for Newcastle, bring him on for the last half hour, and then start him against the martyrs

I hear ferzackerley what you are saying with the dippers, Arse and Chelsea. We need the best players available and he is the best striker. But, he's not the best if he's not fit and if he pulls up and is out for 2-3 months again then we'll miss him against the so-called minnows and maybe others will be injured or suspended by that stage.

Let's not forget that 3 points dropped against Chelsea is no worse or better than 3 points dropped against a minnow like Stoke or the 'rags'.
It IS worse by dropping points to Chelsea because our games with them will be six-pointers. Stoke will be no title threat to us and although they will need beating, these games will not be six pointers. At the very least, we must avoid defeat to our title rivals.

"At the very least..."

Just think... if we hadn't dropped 6 points to our title rivals Chelsea and 3 points to our title rivals Liverpool last season we might have won the league...

JJ

wagonman said:
"At the very least..."

Just think... if we hadn't dropped 6 points to our title rivals Chelsea and 3 points to our title rivals Liverpool last season we might have won the league...

......before the last game of the season!

Its complete guesswork as to when he will be ready to play. We don't know the state of his injury and we don't know the state of his general fitness. He'll probably get the three weeks holiday after the WC that our other players get but will receive treatment during that time. Will he be fully over his injury by then or need further rehab? Once he's completed his rehab how long will it take to get him back to full fitness? When was he last training normally?

My guess is that he wont be fully fit until mid September, but its only a guess.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
I'm sorry, but if 28 goals in 32 games is Aguero 'not looking the same' then I'll say I hope he never looks the same again.

Well said. We don't need 38 league games out of him to still get a great contribution. All the more reason to nurse him back to full fitness and make full use of our other strikers in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.