Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

goater1978 said:
A full pre season is not needed. Most players finish in may and than have about 7/8 weeks off. They require a full pre season to get themselves match fit.

Sergio on the other hand has been training and playing competitive football all summer so although he may be tired he will be pretty much match fit. A 3 week holiday now is not going to put him so out of shape that he needs a full pre season to get match fit.

I expect him to start against Newcastle.

For me he is a long way from being match fit, every match of the WC has pretty much shown that. He looks to me to be still carrying an injury and you can see that in the way he's playing. He doesn't have that explosive pace we know he has and its almost like he's holding back when hes playing.

I think he needs at least a month off and possibly more, then brought back in the right controlled way. If we rush him back then we could be risking his entire season. We have to have faith in Jovetic, Dzeko and Negredo and allow Kun the time he needs to get back to his best.

Get him in the spanking new cryogenic chamber. But dont forget to take him out by August or we be having another problem.

Imo Aguero needs to be carefully brought back and start playing when he is truly fit. Something he hasn't been over the last 6 months (he didn't look like it anyways). I would be surprised if he is fit and playing when the league gets underway. And than stay fit and play as well as we all know he can. I'm not very positive right now.

I will trust the club to manage Kun carefully back to match fitness and they will get the balance right.

Ray78 said:
I trust the club to manage Kun carefully back to match fitness and they will get the balance right.
Based on the last two years my word would be "hope" rather than "trust"!

KippaxCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
I trust the club to manage Kun carefully back to match fitness and they will get the balance right.
Based on the last two years my word would be "hope" rather than "trust"!
In fairness the Argentina national team deserve a large part of the blame as well, they've called him up a few times and played him when he hasn't been fully fit, we need to get tougher with our players on that one.

Rammy Blue said:
goater1978 said:
A full pre season is not needed. Most players finish in may and than have about 7/8 weeks off. They require a full pre season to get themselves match fit.

Sergio on the other hand has been training and playing competitive football all summer so although he may be tired he will be pretty much match fit. A 3 week holiday now is not going to put him so out of shape that he needs a full pre season to get match fit.

It's a tough one to call as he's not been fully fit for circa 6 months.

He needs a rest but then bringing up to speed nice and slowly.

You're right, but we've got an absolute constable of a start. Dippers, Arse, Chelsea in the first 5; we haven't got the luxury of easing him back him. Sub for Newcastle, bring him on for the last half hour, and then start him against the martyrs

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Rammy Blue said:
goater1978 said:

It's a tough one to call as he's not been fully fit for circa 6 months.

He needs a rest but then bringing up to speed nice and slowly.

You're right, but we've got an absolute constable of a start. Dippers, Arse, Chelsea in the first 5; we haven't got the luxury of easing him back him. Sub for Newcastle, bring him on for the last half hour, and then start him against the martyrs

I hear ferzackerley what you are saying with the dippers, Arse and Chelsea. We need the best players available and he is the best striker. But, he's not the best if he's not fit and if he pulls up and is out for 2-3 months again then we'll miss him against the so-called minnows and maybe others will be injured or suspended by that stage.

Let's not forget that 3 points dropped against Chelsea is no worse or better than 3 points dropped against a minnow like Stoke or the 'rags'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.